Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are these clientside.mvc scripts and how do I get rid of them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are these clientside.mvc scripts and how do I get rid of them?

I noticed today while doing some speed tests that my site is loading some javascripts etc through clientside.mvc. It looks like those are automatically inserted by the system, either after the html profile or before the head tag.

In any case, how do I turn this off? Where did it come from?
    Looking for work as of March 2024! I've been a web developer for going on 20 years, with most of that time spent on Miva sites.

those are scripts that Miva loads for functionality it needs. For example if you have the search preview enabled (assigned to a page) Miva will output the scripts needed for that to function.

Most of the scripts output are required and not able to be turned off. Which ones are you trying to remove?
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Well, all of them really.. We're using a custom design, with Amazon Cloud Search for our search results. Not using one of the ready themes, image machine, or anything along those lines. I can see including them if I enabled some of the features they provide, but in our case I don't think we're using any features that require them.

In terms of page speed, isn't it still frowned upon to have blocking javascripts at the very top of the page? There are several of them here. At the very least I'd rather see them at the bottom of the page and set to load asynchronously. But best would be to only include them if the site using the features they provide.
      Looking for work as of March 2024! I've been a web developer for going on 20 years, with most of that time spent on Miva sites.

Comment

We're looking at ways to allow those scripts to me moved to lower in the page. Currently they are all output in the head_tag component, so the only way to move them would be to unassign the head item from the page and hard code the ones needed in the footer, although that could get messy pretty quickly.
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
        X