Price Groups / Free Shipping - 48 States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Groups / Free Shipping - 48 States

Is there any way to make State restrictions for price groups? I have products that I want to ship free to 48 states but, I want to only discount the shipping on those products. So if someone from CA buys 'Product A' with free shipping and 'Product B' without free shipping they are still charged the shipping costs for 'Product B'. And if someone from HI or AK buys Product A and Product B, they will be charged for shipping both products.

I used to handle this by running both UPS modules but the vikingcoders module is not working with our mysql update.

Currently there are no geographic restrictions for price groups however you can do what you need using Shipping Method Rules. You can create a new Flat Rate Shipping Method Called Free Shipping. Then under Shipping Method Rules, you can restrict it globally unless permitted by products. This will make it so it only shows if specific products are in the cart.

Finally you'll need to go into each product you want to give free shipping to and allow this method. If you have a lot of products you want to assign this you'll want to do this via import/export.

Miva only shows a shipping method to a shopper if it is allowed by all products in the cart. So if they Just have Product A, they will see free shipping. But if they have Product A and Product B, the free shipping method will be suppressed and the regular shipping rates will be displayed.

Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
    X