Display Customer Price Group Pricing without Strikethrough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Customer Price Group Pricing without Strikethrough

I'm using price groups to set up negotiated customer-level pricing. I would prefer that these customers just see this price as their normal price, not as a discounted price with the strikethrough like it's a sale. I can't see a way to do this without using legacy price group option. Is there a way to do this with the newer customer discount methods?

What's the variable(s) used to display the price that you are using? On my PROD page I'm using &mvt:product:formatted_price; and it shows the price group pricing without strikethrough--full retail price for a normal customer and negotiated pricing for members of a price group when they are logged in. (I do believe, though, that all my price groups are legacy....)

Does your page code have an mvt:if statement around pricing that shows two or more variables for price depending on price group membership with one set to strikethrough format?
    Todd Gibson
    Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

We do have an mvt:if statement wrapping the pricing that compares the product:price to the product:base_price. If the base price is more, it displays the strikethrough of the base price with the current price next to it. Since the legacy price groups don't trigger this, they must change the base_price in addition to the price, whereas the newer price group methods just change the price.

Is there a way to use the newer price group functionality and offer customer pricing that adjusts their base_price? That's what I need.

Comment

You could use the Toolkit pgroup function to check if the customer is in a price group and then format your pricing in two ways within an if statement--one as it is now if the customer is not in a price group and another without the strikethrough if the customer is in a price group.
        Todd Gibson

Comment

I've thought about this a little more and may have to implement something like what you're suggesting. The limitation here is that this is all-or-nothing; once a customer is in the price group, we can no longer display pricing for a typical sale. So if we place a customer in a 10% price group, they'll see a price of $90 instead of $100, which is good. If we then decide to offer a separate $5-off promotion for that same item, the customer would just see $85 without knowing it's really a $90 item (for their pricing level) on sale for $85. We lose the added emphasis we want from the promo price.

If there was an option on a price group setup to have it calculate a new base price, that would be ideal. Then we could keep sales/discounts separate from customer price groups.

Comment

I'm not familiar enough with the tokens in use to give you the code, but it seems that you could handle this by using the pgroup function to create two price display sections on your page--one for people not in a price group and one for people in a price group. And then in the "in a price group" section, I'm assuming, you could calculate what the customer's discounted base price would be and then show that as strikethrough with any additional discount shown next to that if there is additional discount. Theoretically, it should be possible to do. You'll just need to figure out which tokens are in use for each bit and then use them to do the math.
            Todd Gibson

Comment

Working...
            X