Disregard flat-rate shipping in mixed shipping method cart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disregard flat-rate shipping in mixed shipping method cart

I have a pretty specific shipping conundrum I'm working through.

I have a series of products that I have flat rate shipping set up on, different shipping costs for different weight ranges.

If a customer has a flat-rate shipping item in their cart and adds another item, I want the shipping to default to the non-flat rate shipping methods, which are standard methods, fex-ex, usps, etc. Otherwise, if there is only a flat rate shipping product, it should just show that flat rate method.

I have the flat rate shipping methods set up to be excluded by the other shipping types.

I have the flat rate shipping methods set up to be Excluded Unless Permitted by Products, with them only being permitted by the correct products.

So here's my problem. If I have only the flat rate shipping method permitted by the product, then when another non-flat rate product is added to the cart, there are no shipping methods available.

If I allow all types of shipping on my flat rate products, then the flat rates don't show up, even when only having 1 flat rate product in the cart, as they are excluded by the other types of shipping.

I'm not sure how to correctly set it up so that my flat rate products have their flat rate shipping method when they're the only product in the cart, but are able to use other shipping methods in a cart with other products, and also not allow other products to have the flat rate options on them.

Working...
X

This website uses cookies to identify visitors, track visitors to our website, store login session information and to remember your user preferences. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accept