X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Customer Order History sort order

Hello.

We are on version 9.09.00

I've searched through documentation but have not really found an answer to this.

I would like for when my customer looks at his/her order history page that it shows the NEWEST/LATEST orders first, as this seems to make more sense to the customer.
    However, it currently shows the oldest orders first.

I can't imagine this would be a complicated change, but have not been able to figure it out.

Would it be in ORDH or perhaps ORHL?

Many thanks.
    Bill

Does anyone have any input on this? We would really appreciate any help. Thank you!

Comment

I have the same issue, hopefully there is an answer somewhere, or a least a future upgrade. I had a customer complain that he had to click 8 next screen pages just to get a copy of his latest receipt History should start from new going backwards to old and not the current old to new.

Thanks

Comment

Just throwing an idea out there, actual implementation may vary...

But maybe try changing the option on ORDH to 'Do not paginate orders' and then replace the current <mvt:foreach> loop in the Order History List Layout item with an <mvt:while> loop that goes through orders array in reverse?

The <mvt:while> loop would look a little like the following:

Code:
            <mvt:assign name="g.index" value="miva_array_max(l.settings:orders)" />
            <mvt:while expr="g.index GT 0">
                    <mvt:assign name="l.settings:order" value="l.settings:orders[g.index]" />

<mvt:comment>
                       Inside of the original foreach loop goes here...
                    </mvt:comment>
                <mvt:assign name="g.index" value="g.index - 1" />
            </mvt:while>

Comment

https://www.miva.com/forums/forum/de...west-first-mm9
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

Just out of curiosity, why would the default not be newest order first then going to older. Amazon, Costco, target they all do it that way. Miva should make that the standard. Crazy. I have many customers with over 500 orders, and believe me they complaint about having to click page after page to get a copy of the receipt for their credit card or review an order. Granted, most individuals do not do that, I see it more in the B2B customers, those who need to complete an expense report each month and need receipts. Just my two cents.

Kevin
            AutomotiveWorkwear.com

Comment

I have added a bug for this issue. Thanks for letting us know about it.

-Eric
              Eric Foresman
              Software Tester
              Miva Merchant
              http://www.mivamerchant.com/
              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X