Miva Admin Navigation is Hard to Grasp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Admin Navigation is Hard to Grasp

We try to make navigation easy for our customers on our MIVA sites. Then I go into my MIVA admin and it takes me forever to even find the most simple things. Am I alone?

Can MIVA and the great programmers in and around take the time to improve the admin Navigation to be more intuitive and easy? For instance things under Utilities and System seem so arbitrary.

One thing that comes to mind is simply one place to click called something like "Everything" that has all the possible main pages to go to listed in alphabetical order. I would probably use that most the time as wondering around the icons often leads to dead ends.

Sometime I go to a module and you have to jump somewhere else to do the specific edit because for some reason the module is in 2 places. Maybe a link right there to go to that other place the module resides in would at least make me not waste time. Why should modules have 2 locations for edits? Having one location to do ALL the edits would make working on them easy to find and not so dang confusing. Maybe I am navigation challenged ……………. It does often drive me nuts.
    http://www.invinciblemusic.com

It's a primary goal of the V10 update, but it's likely a year out.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

I've got one word for you my son: bookmarks....

While not a panacea, bookmarks are you best bet for the short term--and possibly forever. (Hint, hint, please work on more robust bookmark system in V10, such as 'grouping' and 'portability', etc)

Bookmark admin screens you use often. When you have to navigate to three or four screens to do a task, bookmark all for using labels like:
      1) Coupon Setup - Part A
      2) Coupon Setup - Part B
      3) Coupon Setup - Part C

Not only do you have a direct link, you also have a reminder of what you need to do next.

Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

I agree with Bruce about bookmarks but I am not a fan of the periodic reshuffling of all the bits and pieces in admin. I cast my vote for leaving things where they are as much as possible or letting us configure our own layout..
        Bill Dunn
        SunCam, Inc.
        http://www.SunCam.com
        [email protected]

Comment

I use Universal Search shortcuts for just about everything and bookmarks when I can remember the name for a function I dont use as often (you know senior moments).
          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
          X