Show Square Payment Method Type in Order Confirmation Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show Square Payment Method Type in Order Confirmation Email

We are using Square for our payment getaway and works great, but we are trying to display the card type in the order confirmation like if it is VISA or MASTERCARD and so on.

I tried using the following code but none of the seems to do the trick

<mvt:if expr="'AMERICAN_EXPRESS' CIN g.order:pay_data"><strong>American Express</strong></mvt:if>
    <mvt:if expr="'DISCOVER' CIN g.order:pay_data"><strong>Discover</strong></mvt:if>
    <mvt:if expr="'MASTERCARD' CIN g.order:pay_data"><strong>Mastercard</strong></mvt:if>
    <mvt:if expr="'VISA' CIN g.order:pay_data"><strong>Visa</strong></mvt:if>

also tried

<mvt:if expr="'VISA' CIN g.PaymentMethod"><strong>Visa</strong></mvt:if>
    <mvt:if expr="'MASTERCARD' CIN g.PaymentMethod"><strong>Master Card</strong></mvt:if>
    <mvt:if expr="'AMERICAN_EXPRESS' CIN g.PaymentMethod"><strong>American Express</strong></mvt:if>

What am I missing?

Thanks
    Keyboard Not Found..... Press F1 to continue

The customer never chooses a card type with Square. They automatically detect it for you so the conditionals above wont work. However they do return us back the payment type after the payment is approved.

Its available on INVC as:
    &mvt:payment:desc;
    See if that works on the Emails as well.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hi Brennan,

Thanks for replying. I don't see the &mvt:payment:desc; token in the email template. But I can see g.order:pay_data and its content has the card type not sure why it won't display

Comment

Also noticed, that when the email is resent thru dashboard, then the payment type is displayed but not the first time when the order is placed and email is sent automatically

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X