Facets Questions and Facets Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facets Questions and Facets Issue

First off, yes attribute is checked to use on Utility Settings >> Standard Facet Settings. Yep, I've run scheduled tasks. This is an older site (2013) being updated on a dev with a Levels readytheme.

1. Does an attribute need to be required in order for it to be listed under Catalog >> Facet Rules? Wondered since most of the non-required attributes are not showing up either, and the non-required do not show under Catalog >> Facet Rules.

2. Why would a required attribute not show up for a category? I have a category with color selections listed as required attributes, and that attribute is visible and applied under Catalog >> Facet Rules and for the Edit Category: >> Facet Rules.

3. If I search for a term, bookmark, for items that I know for sure uses a required attribute, the color does not show as a facet. However, use another term, pendant, and color shows as a facet. Then, when I select a color, it tells me "No products matched your search criteria". Confused here.

I am using private browsing and cleared cache/history/etc. Password protected dev site, so I can't provide the link.

Any help is appreciated.

Jamie
    Last edited by jsdva; 10-10-18, 11:11 AM. Reason: Copy/paste gone haywire.
    Jamie Donaldson
    JSDVS Web Design / Development
    Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Nothing, huh? Is this thing on?

For #3 from my post, don't know if I messed around and resolved that one, but now color does not show up as a facet when I search for pendant. So...I guess that part is resolved, but still don't get color for bookmark term

Kind of need some questions answered/help/advice here...

Jamie
    Last edited by jsdva; 10-12-18, 07:25 AM. Reason: expand
    Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Hi Jamie -

1. It does appear that only required attributes are being added to Facet Rules. I'll check to see if this was intentional.

2. It sounds like you mean a facet tied to an attribute is not showing? Can you give me an example?

3. You may want to send this into our support team so we can take a look at your settings.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Bless you Brennan! I thought I was going to have to throw a tantrum to get attention. [grin]

#1. That was my suspicion. I'll look forward to hearing what you find.

#2. The color attribute is required and is assigned to the products that are listed in a given category, and the facets for color are set in the category as well...this is all in the admin. However, when that category is visited in the browser, there is no facet for color. Hope this is what you want me to expand on. This is a password protected site...I'll send you the details off forum.

#3. Will do.

Jamie
        Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Just PM'd you Brennan. Check bookmarks category
          Jamie Donaldson

Comment

For #1 I talked to development and this was intentional with the goal being filtering out attributes that were unlikely to be relevant to a search
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
              For #1 I talked to development and this was intentional with the goal being filtering out attributes that were unlikely to be relevant to a search
              Okay, so if that is the case, maybe the attributes for colors I am trying to have displayed in the facets is being ignored due to the fact that they are in the form similar to: attribute-056dc948afb3c9a97fef2349919ed943 ??

And, if so, that would answer my question #2 and most of #3 as well.

Jamie
              Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Working...
              X