Cookie-free Ordering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookie-free Ordering

I was under the impression that if you ditch static pages completely, using only the Miva Merchant framework, that cookies would not be required for customers placing orders. I've recently done this, but still finding that the basket won't hold items with cookies disabled. Is there something I need to do to enable this?

Thanks!
    Kyle Creasy, Alphatect

This is possible but it's not the default. You have to go to Domain Settings -> Site Configuration and Set this to Always: Include Session Parameters in Miva Merchant URLs
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
      This is possible but it's not the default. You have to go to Domain Settings -> Site Configuration and Set this to Always: Include Session Parameters in Miva Merchant URLs
      Thanks Rick. That makes sense. Are there any drawbacks to doing this, besides URLs that aren't pretty? The first thing I think of is duplicate content issues with Google.

Comment

Use of a canonical setting would eliminate any 'duplicate' content issue with google.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Yeah other than ugly URL's and making sure you use the Canonical tags, you're good to go. Are you doing it to avoid GDPR cookies?
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
            Use of a canonical setting would eliminate any 'duplicate' content issue with google.
            Thanks Bruce. So that should be okay then.

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
            Yeah other than ugly URL's and making sure you use the Canonical tags, you're good to go. Are you doing it to avoid GDPR cookies?
            No. It was just the first thing I thought of checking when I ditched the static pages. I did have a problem a few months ago with baskets being dropped with Safari at default settings. I think that was with 3rd party cookies disabled. Then enabling them allowed the basket to hold. I think. I could be wrong though. I don't think Miva requires third party cookies, does it? I did check with Safari, and it seems to work with 3rd party disabled now. I wonder if using static pages was causing third party cookies to need to be enabled?

Comment

Working...
            X