Modifying Custom Fields Doesn't Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying Custom Fields Doesn't Stick

I have a custom field which is a facet called Type.

For the product SS575K the Type field contains the word Kiosk but it needs to be changed to Accessories.

In Miva Admin I change the field to Accessories and update and it looks like it works but when I list the products again the field has not been changed - it still contains Kiosk.

This only seems to be a problem for me on custom fields - changes to standard fields like cost, price, etc. do work.

For the moment the only way I can get that field to change is to export, change the field and import the products again. This is lots of work to make a simple change.

Can anyone that has products with a custom field change the custom field, update the product and see if the change sticks?

Attached Files
    Last edited by joseibarra; 02-12-19, 06:02 AM.

Try running the "Delete Cached Product List Entries" Scheduled Task and then also make sure you do a hard refresh (Shift+F5) on the page
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

I should have left out the word "facet".

Modifying any custom field (we have one called MSRP) save it, navigate away, come back to the product and the MSRP change did not stick.

If you modify one of the built in Miva fields, cost, price,etc those changes will stick but not a custom field.

When you modified a non built in Miva field (a custom field) the changes stuck for you - is that right?

Comment

I ran into the same issue. It only happened when I was updating the custom fields from the batch list page. If I updated from the individual batch page it worked. It used to work and had stopped working. Here is what I found from entering a support ticket:

This sounds like an existing bug: Custom fields are not being updated from batch lists when character set is not utf-8

The work around is to make the Character Set as utf-8.
        This is done in Menu > Store Settings > Store Detail > Settings

Once I updated the character set everything worked as it had previously.

HTH,
        Debi

Comment

That might work but if I make that adjustment the places where there are special symbols (trademark, etc) turn into diamond shapes with a question mark inside - at least in the Firefox browser.

What might the suggestion be for that?

Comment

replace those character with their HTML entities (much, much better in the long run). I.e, trademark should be ™ the characters you are using may or may not appear correctly based on the Customer's browser/OS settings.

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_entities.asp
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
            X