Using inventory variants to not allow certain option combinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using inventory variants to not allow certain option combinations

We have products where I want to eliminate options based on selections of other options. My understanding is that this can be done with inventory variants. I checked the "I" box next to the attribute I want to limit the other attribute options with, but I don't understand how to actually from there remove the other attributes for those variants. Can some one guide me to how this is done? I watched Miva's video on this and all it showed me was image related........this is not what I want to do.

Originally posted by curtisamcyl View Post
    We have products where I want to eliminate options based on selections of other options. My understanding is that this can be done with inventory variants. I checked the "I" box next to the attribute I want to limit the other attribute options with, but I don't understand how to actually from there remove the other attributes for those variants. Can some one guide me to how this is done? I watched Miva's video on this and all it showed me was image related........this is not what I want to do.

Hello curtisamcyl,

Can you send an email to [email protected] with some examples of what you're trying to accomplish. At a quick glance if I understand your post, I don't think it's possible to do "out of the box", it might need some logic added to the template code on certain pages for that to work.

Sending an email to [email protected] will automatically create a ticket in our ticket system.

Regards,
    Rafael Buelna
    Miva Support Engineer
    800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
    http://www.miva.com
    http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

We do this by checking i on each attribute involved, generating the variants (button on the top), then in the inventory variants tab doing an advanced search with the two options we want to remove, and then deleting all of those results.
      It's a hassle to upkeep since it needs to be redone if any options change, but oh well. I keep a checklist of the combos I want to remove...

Comment

What if you have an item that has more variants than the original one? Example: I have an item that in 9 instances out of 11 I do not need extra options. I've set up the variants correctly but on the two products I need to show some additional variants that are not needed on the other 9 products. How can they show up when a customer is clicking through on the main product picture or on the swatch? How do I get those products to show the additional variants? Or can it be done at all? Do I need to just have those 2 products as standalone and hope the customer sees them? I do have all the needed variants on those 2 products by themselves.
        Last edited by Miss Kate; 05-21-19, 12:33 PM. Reason: Placed in a better category

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
        , owner
        Miss Kate's Creations
        [email protected]
        www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

Comment

Working...
        X