Order Import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Import

Is there a built-in module or available app that can import orders to Miva?
    I would like to sell on Marketplaces other than Miva but use Miva as my only order management system. I would love an advanced, automatic, XML-or-whatever behind-the-scenes solution, but I would settle for FTP or manual import. I haven't found any info on this.
    Thanks!

There isn't one that I am aware of. Therefore, I did a custom order import for Wayfair if this is one of your target marketplaces.

Currently, it is a manual, but a simple import in Data Management.

My current solution is specific to Wayfair because of the order data you get from Wayfair. Generally, you can expect every marketplace to provide the order data in a different format from one another.

Please contact me directly if you're interested in the Wayfair version or need to expand to other marketplaces.

https://www.southbound.com/ctus.html

Scott
    Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
    Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
    MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
    Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
    AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
    My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

I have a module that imports orders from Amazon. It's a manual process, but easy to use; just a few clicks to import a batch of orders. You can contact me directly if you're interested.

Thanks --
      Kent Multer
      Magic Metal Productions
      http://TheMagicM.com
      * Web developer/designer
      * E-commerce and Miva
      * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Originally posted by elisabeth_hale View Post
        Is there a built-in module or available app that can import orders to Miva?
        I would like to sell on Marketplaces other than Miva but use Miva as my only order management system. I would love an advanced, automatic, XML-or-whatever behind-the-scenes solution, but I would settle for FTP or manual import. I haven't found any info on this.
        Thanks!
        You didn't specify which marketplace you wanted to interact with, but there are builtin methods for Amazon, Ebay, Etsy, and Google. Otherwise, as noted, there are alternative systems available as well.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

They're all bookselling markets, Alibris.com, Abebooks.com, Biblio.com and Amazon, so other than Amazon, they won't already have a solution. I currently use an inventory/order management website (theArtOfBooks.com) which connects to all of these. I could either use the Marketplaces module for Amazon and customize a similar connector for each of the remaining three, or connect Miva to theartofbooks. The latter seems like it's more likely. I currently download an order file in the morning and upload QOH at the end of the day, both by FTP. So is it possible to create a connector that would import orders and export products?

Comment

The issue is going to be that each vendor/marketplace probably has a similar, but not exactly the same format for the import/export files. That being said, a custom solution, if there isn't a huge difference between them, could probably be set up to manage the difference between the non-amazon marketplaces. For Amazon, I'd stick with the built in as dealing with Amazon APIs isn't a walk in the part and redoing it wouldn't be worth it.
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
            X