Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inventory Message for Inventory Kit Builder

I need a little help, please.

I use the Inventory Kit Builder feature in Miva to sell products with slight variations. I'm looking for a way to add the inventory stock message to the main product. Right now all that happens is that the Add-to-Cart button is grayed out for the products that are out of stock.

Here is the product I'm working on - https://www.harpkit.com/HAPI-Slim
    Matt E.
    www.harpkit.com

In inventory you can add a message so it shows up for items that are out of stock or if inventory is low. Have you tried that? It's really easy to do as the specific code phrases are there and you just add any extra wording.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
    , owner
    Miss Kate's Creations
    [email protected]
    www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

Comment

Thanks, Miss Kate. There should be a default message that displays but it doesn't. I had tried putting in custom out of stock message and those don't show up either.
      Matt E.
      www.harpkit.com

Comment

Also of note - I had previously made a change to the scripts.js file to fix a different issue where the Add to Cart button was showing as "Sold Out" I commented out the "Update Button For Out Of Stock" function with in the jsPROD function in the scripts.js file and then commented out the "outOfStock ();" call within the "Update Display When Attribute Machine Fires" function a little lower in the file.

That may have something to do with it. I haven't tried to un-comment out those functions because I don't want to re-create the previous issue.

Now I am confused AND scared.
        Matt E.
        www.harpkit.com

Comment

Further updates -

I un-commented out those functions. It did not help with the inventory message but I would like to see this function changed. The problem is that when I have an inventory kit and you use the drop down attribute function with an initial state of "select one", the button shows as Sold Out which is misleading. It is nice that it shows as Sold Out when the product is actually out of stock. That would be half a solution for this issue. But I can't have the big giant add to cart button read Sold Out before they select an option from the drop down list.

I am less confused now and not scared at all anymore. But still hoping for a solution.
          Matt E.
          www.harpkit.com

Comment

Working...
          X