Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: Problem using the Miva Affiliate Module???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Problem using the Miva Affiliate Module???

We currently have on our website; a non Miva webpage in which we have about 7 different related products. We have a buy it now for each of the products which automatically adds the item to their cart; and then immediately displays the checkout screen. The main reason for doing this is because of the large amount of data that would need to be filled in the Miva product page for each of these products if we place everything in Miva. Henceforth the reason for having the quickest and easiest way to sell the products. Here currently is the webpage in question: https://www.ronusa.com/patio.shtm
    1. Is it possible for the affiliate module to place a tracking cookie on this non Miva page?
    2. If not: can we set up a redirect from a new Miva page to this other non Miva page that we currently have?
    Any suggestions that would allow us to quickly and easily add this tracking cookie would be appreciated. Thanks! Ron
    Thanks!
    Ron Garrigus
    Ronusa.com

• Remove the head/footer html from that file (i.e, just copy everything between <body> and then </body> into a file. Create a page in Miva called "Insert File" so that it renders your site's header and footer, then use "<mvt:assign name="g.getThis" value="file_read('path-to-file.html', 'script', g.gotData)" />

<mvt:eval expr="g.gotData" />
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

• Thanks for the info and response.

1. We use .shtml files on our website which contains our header and footer files. What would we need to copy?
      2. I assume that the path-to-file. html would be the correct url address to our non-Miva webpage?
      Thanks!
      Ron Garrigus
      Ronusa.com

Comment

• Well, your job is a bit easier. You should be able to just remove the header/footer calls from the .shtml file, rename its extension to just .html and call that file from miva. And yes, you'd enter the fully qualified *relative* url from the root of your site to wherever your file is.
        Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

• Thanks for your help so far! Please see the attached image of what I have done so far. I have removed the header/footer calls from the shtml file and renamed it with an html extension.

1. Am I doing everything correctly so far?
          2. If so; what would the correct Miva url be? For example our current Miva checkout url is https://www.ronusa.com/Merchant2/mer...vc?Screen=OINF

Please forgive me for being dumb on the subject of using miva template codes.

EditPageInsert.jpg
          Thanks!
          Ron Garrigus
          Ronusa.com

Comment

• You need to add whatever your site needs to render its own Header/Footer. Typically, you can do this quickly by copying a simple page (like ABUS) and replace the "content" section with what you have in the INSERT page. Be sure to open the ABUS (or whatever page you used) ITEMS tab and match the 'selected' items with the ones on INSERT.

https://www.ronusa.com/Merchant2/mer...?Screen=INSERT will now bring up that page, but if you are using URI links, you can go to that tab and make the url whatever you want.
            Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
            X

This website uses cookies to identify visitors, track visitors to our website, store login session information and to remember your user preferences. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accept