X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lee@tayloegray.com
    replied
    Rick,

I sent you an email so we can get a call and demo setup.

Thanks
    Lee Tayloe

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied
    Lee HMU, I'd love to see a demo

Leave a comment:

• lee@tayloegray.com
    replied
    We have been working with https://route.com/ to get Miva customers integrated with their software. They are a package insurance and tracking software company so customers can add package insurance to their orders and also get tracking with SMS, email and through their app. The integration cost are being covered and there is not monthly fee as long as you are using the package protection insurance on the site.

Reach out to me if you would like to learn more or schedule a demo.

Tayloe/Gray
    Lee Tayloe
    [email protected]
    Schedule a Meeting/https://meetings.hubspot.com/lee-tayloe

Leave a comment:

• William Davis
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
    Most services price in bulk, and as i've mentioned before, RedOxygen's pricing, for almost EVERY miva merchant store, would be less than 10/mo has that's about 1000 messages a month.

We're looking into bundling this into a module, mostly to take advantage of a larger discount and ease of integration. If WE had an account, at say the unlimited range, but spread over dozens of merchants, likely cost would be pennies per message.
    Thank Bruce, that's great news. I guess things have change a lot since I last looked into this.

On a related matter, it would be ideal if the solution you are working on would attempt to send the message MMS first by default, and or SMS if MMS is not available/possible.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied
    Most services price in bulk, and as i've mentioned before, RedOxygen's pricing, for almost EVERY miva merchant store, would be less than 10/mo has that's about 1000 messages a month.

We're looking into bundling this into a module, mostly to take advantage of a larger discount and ease of integration. If WE had an account, at say the unlimited range, but spread over dozens of merchants, likely cost would be pennies per message.

Leave a comment:

• William Davis
    replied
    Well, by all means do that...let me know how it works...and how many hours you spend messing with it :)

There is absolutely NO VALUE (imho) in doing it this way. Also, I'd be VERY concerned with what they are doing with the information they get.

**** I suppose I should have mentioned this. If you use a service READ THEIR TERMS VERY CAREFULLY. One of the reasons we went with them is their TOS states that they in no way, see or store information provided. *****
    As usual you are correct again, and I should have added that to my initial response (and no, I am not being sarcastic). My intent was to share my little knowledge that there are databases available some for free other are not, and that I have tested them and they work.

For example, at that time the free service was for one number submission. I don't recall what the terms of service was for free batch submissions (maximum of 10 numbers), But the way they made their money (at least back then) is by selling you the list on a monthly subscription basis. What I liked about that concept, is when I looked into it about 5 years ago or so, it was that it was a lot cheaper than using a text service because it was a small flat monthly fee, no fee per number. My thought process was back then was, a organization that would send many text messages could save a lot of money using this service.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied
    Well, by all means do that...let me know how it works...and how many hours you spend messing with it :)

There is absolutely NO VALUE (imho) in doing it this way. Also, I'd be VERY concerned with what they are doing with the information they get.

**** I suppose I should have mentioned this. If you use a service READ THEIR TERMS VERY CAREFULLY. One of the reasons we went with them is their TOS states that they in no way, see or store information provided. *****

Leave a comment:

• William Davis
    replied
    Cause, AFAIK, you have to know the carrier to determine which email address to use. Red Oxygen isn't very expensive. Most of our clients are charge less than $10/month
    You are correct. However, there are now databases available that provide free lookup, one at a time and/or in batches of ten if my memory serves me right. I have the info somewhere but I would have to dig it up. I recall one entering only the mobile phone number and the database would return both SMS and MMS email addresses for corresponding carrier (e.g.: mobile-number@pm.sprint.com), it worked great and its free.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied
    Cause, AFAIK, you have to know the carrier to determine which email address to use. Red Oxygen isn't very expensive. Most of our clients are charge less than $10/month

Leave a comment:

• William Davis
    replied
    Bruce, is there a reason why you can't skip the middleman (Red Oxygen) and send SMS/MMS via email? I've done it manually.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied
    So, it the emails are triggered my actions in the miva admin, you just add the (in the case of Red Oxygen) the single line API call to their messaging system, wrapped in the conditional that they have given you a cell phone number.
    Interesting to note, a client just read this thread yesterday and asked us to add an SMS message to his phone that sends a brief message whenever an order comes in. They do low volume, HIGH order value (2 to 10K)...but it was an interesting idea.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied
    So, it the emails are triggered my actions in the miva admin, you just add the (in the case of Red Oxygen) the single line API call to their messaging system, wrapped in the conditional that they have given you a cell phone number.

Leave a comment:

• mvasquez
    replied
    Non-promotional at all. I just want to be able to send them their tracking # and link to their SMS, and then an update when it's been delivered (scan by carrier) ideally. We used to do that with eMail from shipstation and had a lot of success. People would call and say "I got an email my package was delivered but I don't have it"; found out a lot of the time it was carrier misdelivery or the carrier hiding it on the porch, deck, etc. Helped us stay one step closer and ahead to the customer.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied
    The only issue with that scenario is how the messages get triggered. If this is more for promotional efforts (i.e., sales, events, etc)...probably better just to collect the phone numbers in a simple form then find a bulk emailer (like Constant Contact) that supports SMS. That being said, if its SMS only, you could:

Use a web form to collect the phone numbers into a file
    Use a simple web page template (under User Interface)
    Put the SMS Integration code from RedOxygen into the page.
    Call that page with the message you want to send when you want to send the messages.

It would require a bit of SMT Coding knowledge, but not much.

Leave a comment:

• mvasquez
    replied
    Ah okay, what I would want is possibly a little more involved, like a "Sign Up For SMS Alerts" button that sends specific template emails that are customized for SMS (120 characters, etc). Would this still be fairly simple?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X