Scheduled Tasks Timing has a mind of its own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduled Tasks Timing has a mind of its own

I can't keep my scheduled tasks 'on schedule'. I even have a cron job on the server that hits a page every 1 min to make sure there is traffic on the site but that doesn't seem to help much. Eventually what's happening is all my scheduled tasks that I have set to run every 15 min and each task runs 2 min from the next one -- they eventually all end up running almost at once.

What can I do to make these things stay on the schedule I set?! I have 8 tasks. I need them to run at least 2min apart. I would not post here if I had not tried everything I could think of and magical things were not happening to my timing. It's magic. :)
    Colin Puttick
    Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

i know this is sort of dah, but are there any delay settings on the the scheduled tasks? also, this sounds like a call to support might yield more informed responses as scheduled task are pretty new and the details pretty slim.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Nope. The delays, they're for 'triggers' right? And triggers are set by modules only, so not sure the delays actually work in this case. Have you ever setup multiple tasks that you wanted to keep on a semi-rough schedule Bruce - PhosphorMedia ?
      Colin Puttick
      Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

I have setup multiple scheduled tasks, but not a lot and have never seen what you are saying. Sorry. Like I said, I think you need support to look at it as they might have some more visibility 'under the hood'
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

I ran into this exact issue when I switched from cron jobs to the scheduler. My scheduled tasks were drifting off schedule just like yours. I was told by Miva support that it is just the nature of the scheduler and the way it is designed. If something HAS to be exactly done at specific intervals or at a specific time, then a cron job is a better choice. So one of my reoccurring tasks is still done via cron.

Comment

Working...
          X