Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Express Checkout using credit card icon on OCST page

Miva,

We have been getting a lot of calls from customers about Paypal Express checkout. The new credit card icon on OCST page is misleading. Customers think they checkout through our site and their credit was charged. Then they get another email from paypal about their transaction. So customers are thinking they are being double charged.

Is there a way to disable email from paypal for express checkout? If not, how do other merchant handle this?

Thanks

Yes, its a setting in your PayPal Account. (if I remember correctly.)
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks Bruce. I could not locate where I can disable the email on paypal.

Also, if i am interested in removing the 4 credit card icon under the paypal credit button on OCST. Is that something we can do? it looks like the paypal button item is being call via a script to www.paypalobjects.com

Comment

It seems like everyone has a different PayPal Account interface...so, no, I can't tell you exactly where to go. Probably best to call PayPal support (there email/chat support is basically worthless) and have them guide you. As for the buttons, perhaps. They are a little more flexible on what they let you use now, and at least in one interface I say a complete "build a paypal" button wizard that let you do almost everything.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Yeah. Thank you. I think the last few updates change paypal express functionalities. I like those buttons except it mess up our flow. I will disable paypal checkout for now until we know how to fix the flow.

Comment

Working...
          X