Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KayfabeRockStar
    replied
    Could anyone offer some insight on how one would use this to offer a customer referral? If Customer A referred customer B ... and customer B signed up for an account or bought something then Customer A would receive points. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Viscott
    replied
    Setting up this module as a Payment Method is very problematic. 1. It's not real money 2. It needs to be mapped to something when it is being used as a payment method. 3. This gives a very inaccurate accounting of gross sales. 4. There is not a way currently to track and manage the banking of points and how they are being redeemed against orders. This creates an accounting nightmare.

Leave a comment:

• heatherwebdev
    replied
    I wasn't a fan of how it was set up as a payment module vs. a discount either, so I ended up created a system using custom fields (to keep track of points) and toolkit (to apply the discount).

Leave a comment:

• Brennan
    replied
    Hi Jake -

When building this new feature we looked at both options and discussed them quite a bit.

In the ended up going with redeeming the points as a payment method. It had a few advantages over applying them as a discount:

- Better customer experience when points cover the entire order amount.
    - Doing it as a payment method allow tax and shipping to be applied to the order before applying points so points can cover both tax and shipping
    - Allows an easy way to apply points for when taking orders via the admin

Because of the template level functions available, if you really wanted it to work as the Sebenza module does, it would be possible with some
    customizations to the page templates.

As for Stone Edge, their latest Integration using our JSON API does support points. It treats them how they treat customer credit and
    converts it over to a store credit and applied to the order.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Herbert
    replied
    Hi,

With regard to the way the points is allocated to an order value, it appears that it treats points used as a payment rather than as a discount.

In this respect it's quite different to the Sebenza module which applied a discount.

I can't really see the logic of the change.

For example a 100 dollar order where 10 dollars was paid by points.

With the Sebenza module the invoice shows 100 dollars less 10 dollar discount, so 90 dollar total.

With this new module it shows a 100 dollar order with a 10 dollar points use is still a 100 dollar order. Just that 10 was paid by points and 90 by card.
    That to me isn't logical, as it's really a 90 dollar order for tax and record keeping purposes.

For us I think that will cause issues when we import the order in Order Manager too.

Can anyone please clarify, perhaps I'm missing something.

Thank you.

Jake

Leave a comment:

• Brennan
    replied
    Yes, the Points module leverages the same split payment system for customer Credit. Those changes can be found here:

https://www.miva.com/mm9.3_template_changes.html

Leave a comment:

• heatherwebdev
    replied
    Are there template changes needed on osel / opay to see the partial payment option? I checked that the points item is assigned to all of the correct pages, but right now when I check out with it, I see my total amount of points and nothing else. If I have more points that total over the order price, I don't have an option to partially use the points. And if i have less points than my order total, there's no indication for how I would split the payment. I can select the points method, and if I try to checkout with it, it says that I have insufficient points. I want to be able to spend all of my points even if it doesnt cover the whole order.

Leave a comment:

• mvasquez
    replied
    It looks like it happens.. here is an example. I gave myself enough points, then bought something, and it looks like the purchase applied new points to the account. Brennan any ideas?

points1.png
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied
    Does that happen? Points should be rewarded only on the actual 'dollars' spent. So if they ordered $100, used 50 in reward points, then they SHOULD earn reward points on the $50 they spent. (if not, then this is a bug.)

Leave a comment:

• mvasquez
    replied
    Is there a way to exclude earning new points on an order redeemed with points?

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied
    Originally posted by habreu View Post
    Currently, we are using the Point system that was part of Bill's Coupon Redemption module. Using that system we are able to limit what products are eligible to be purchased using points.

Eligible Products:
    ATEP-*|PPC-*|PTC-*|NRT-*|DQB-*|

So they can only use the points for our products starting with these codes

-i.e. ATEP-97818, DQB-72538 but not SSC-SPR-2000-2187.

Is there a way to do something like this in the new module?

If there are a lot of products, it might be easier to create a temp page copy of the product list template, remove everything from the "<foreach iterator="products"> loop and replace it with:

<mvt:if expr="substring(l.settings:product:code, 1, 5) EQ 'ATEP-')">

<mvt:item name="customfields" param="Write_Product_Code( l.settings:product:code, not-eligible', '1' )" />

<mvt:elseif expr="substring(l.settings:product:code, 1, 4) EQ 'PPC-')">

etc.

Leave a comment:

• Beefy Nugget
    replied
    I dont think there is a system in place that lets you do it quite like that, but you should be able to export the products to flat file and reupload with the can not purchase with points flag checked.

Leave a comment:

• habreu
    replied
    Currently, we are using the Point system that was part of Bill's Coupon Redemption module. Using that system we are able to limit what products are eligible to be purchased using points.

Eligible Products:
    ATEP-*|PPC-*|PTC-*|NRT-*|DQB-*|

So they can only use the points for our products starting with these codes

-i.e. ATEP-97818, DQB-72538 but not SSC-SPR-2000-2187.

Is there a way to do something like this in the new module?
    Last edited by habreu; 11-05-19, 02:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Foresman
    replied
    Originally posted by Beefy Nugget View Post
    I think there is also a slight bug or rounding error with the points. Our current settings are to offer 3points per dollar on an item. When a customer adds two quantity of an item wih a value of $1.50, it should award them 9 points but it currently only offers 8. My guess is that its doing the rounding prior to multiplying the quantity. So 1.5 x3 -> 4.50 then it rounds down to 4, then runs the same item again for another 4 and adds them. Instead of just doing 1.5x3 -> 4.5x2 -> Round
    Hi Beefy Nugget.

I have field a bug for this issue, thanks for letting us know about it.

-Eric
    Last edited by Eric Foresman; 10-24-19, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Beefy Nugget
    replied
    Bruce - PhosphorMedia I was thinking about doing just that but currently you cant rely on the accuracy of the points. Thats actually what im trying to fix with some template code. I posted this a few days ago and sent it off to our account manager, i think the numbers are not rounding correctly. (Below is a quote of my post) I will post the complete template code for adjusting the points for rounding, as well as some code to adjust for not generating points when you spend points. Basically if you spend 100 points ($10) on a $100 order it will add another line item to your points saying something like "Adjustment for not earning points when spending points - 10 points" or whatever the point multipliers are for your store. But thank you for the reply.

Brennan Sounds great :D. I know this module was on github for a while while it was Tess's personal project, will we ever see this be added to the Merchant source file, or have any access to the source in the future? Thanks for the reply

Originally posted by Beefy Nugget View Post
    I think there is also a slight bug or rounding error with the points. Our current settings are to offer 3points per dollar on an item. When a customer adds two quantity of an item wih a value of $1.50, it should award them 9 points but it currently only offers 8. My guess is that its doing the rounding prior to multiplying the quantity. So 1.5 x3 -> 4.50 then it rounds down to 4, then runs the same item again for another 4 and adds them. Instead of just doing 1.5x3 -> 4.5x2 -> Round

Leave a comment:

Working...
X