Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a miva store sells on ebay does it inherit ebay's economic nexus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a miva store sells on ebay does it inherit ebay's economic nexus?

Hello forum:
    Has anyone investigated the possibility that a Miva store that processes ebay orders through Miva will inherit ebay's economic nexus for ALL Miva sales? i.e. economic nexus for sales tax in every state where ebay has sales tax nexus.
    How about if a Miva store uses the same business name in both Miva and ebay but does not process orders through Miva: will it still inherit eBay's economic nexus for it's Miva sales?
    Anybody know?
    Cheers,
    Larry
    Larry
    Luce Kanun Web Design
    www.facebook.com/wajake41
    www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

It hadn't worked like that up to now - you were responsible for state sales taxes that YOU had a nexus situation with. Here's what Ebay says will happen as of 10-01-2019.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center...ation.html#ist

Comment

On this page https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fe...=4121#section4
      I found the following:
      (Note: The effective date mentioned below has been surpassed in nearly all 34 states where ebay has sales tax nexus. The effective date for the few where the effective date has not been surpassed is Jan1, 2020.)
      The ebay link above lists all 34 states where ebay has sales tax nexus and their effective dates in addition to the following:

Prior to the effective date, you should continue to collect and remit tax in these states if required. Additional states will be added to this list at a later date.

Once eBay starts to collect tax in the above states, no action is required on your part, and there will be no charges or fees for eBay automatically calculating, collecting and remitting sales tax. The collection process will apply to all sales, whether the seller is located in or outside of the United States.

When a buyer purchases an item on eBay, and the ship to address is one of the above states, eBay will calculate and add the applicable sales tax at checkout. The buyer will pay both the cost of the item along with the sales tax. eBay will collect and remit the tax.

Sellers are not able to opt out of selling items into the states listed above or opt out of eBay automatically collecting sales tax.
      My question is: Can eBay's sales tax nexus be inherited by Miva stores? I have determined that we sell on ebay with company names other than our Miva store name so I am relieved to learn that.
      Larry
      Larry
      Luce Kanun Web Design
      www.facebook.com/wajake41
      www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

Comment

Working...
      X