Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to load the discount price for an item?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to load the discount price for an item?

I'd prefer not to use CommonComponentFields_Initialize_Product_Discounts _Runtime, as it's expensive.

Is there a way to get at the base price and discounted price of a product on demand (out of the normal flow of a CTGY product display or PROD product display item)? I thought maybe Runtime_Product_Load_Code might also get me what I want but no dice so far.

Thanks for any help!

What is the context where you need the discounted price? It may already be loaded on the page.

But right now the commonComponents function is the best way. Miva does have cached values to these discounted prices which is significantly faster. We're looking at ways to make this easily available for performance.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

We have a one-off page (that hijacks the CTGY template) where we load multiple categories or segments of categories at once. I know CTGY can show the base_price/price difference for products loaded via the Product Display Layout section, but the categories being displayed are not being loaded within that item/section.

I'd be ok with the CommonComponents approach if we could cache its results, but from what I can tell this function applies predictive discounts which could vary from user to user. If there's a way to limit the discounts being applied then perhaps that's an avenue that we can look into.

Comment

Working...
      X