Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leanne
    replied
    In your product page template, is the <mvt:item name="prod_ctgy_hdft" param="prod_footer" /> present and is the prod_ctgy_hdft item assigned to the page?

Leave a comment:

• Miss Kate
    replied
    Okay, I've created the table I wanted to use and it is showing up properly in the Category footer. I've created the exact same table for the product footer and it is not showing up when I view my store. Why would it show up in the category footer & not the product footer? Is there a bug in product footers in the Base Ready Theme?

Leave a comment:

• Miss Kate
    replied
    Why can I not edit category or product headers/footers with the Rich Text Mode option? I would prefer that rather than going back to my coding books to use HTML. I have all the preferences turned on to do this but the editing function is only appearing in my Content field. There are a couple of selections available - insert picture, line numbering, find/replace, help but the RT mode isn't available. I'm using Base Ready Theme.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied
    One more thing. I may be the only one seeing this, and suspect its because I'm zooming the scale in or out at times, but: sometimes I point the mouse at say line 1, and when I click to focus, I end up on line 5 :)

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    I also do not like how the RTE "messes" up the HTML previously added. It reminds me of "code" that has been copy and pasted from Word.

Leave a comment:

• rguisewite
    replied
    Interesting. It seems like the browsers insert a trailing <br> tag in the contentEditable divs. Curious. I'll look into it and see if there is anything that can be done. I wonder if all browsers are doing it, or just certain ones (like chrome, etc).

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
    Its probably a good idea to have feeds like search spring strip HTML from the data source...though yea, adding a randome <br> tag isn't really great.
    Yeah, I'm already on it but I thought this should be pointed out.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied
    Its probably a good idea to have feeds like search spring strip HTML from the data source...though yea, adding a randome <br> tag isn't really great.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    It would seem that in the Rich Text Editor mode, unbeknownst to the person entering the content, an HTML <br> tag is inserted at the end of the content. It was discovered when a store owner started seeing a <br> at the end of all his descriptions when they appeared in his SearchSpring results. When I did a test to confirm, I created my product description in the Rich Text Editor mode:

I saved it and then viewed it in Edit Source Code

This <br> is being picked up by SearchSpring's feed. It would be nice if it wasn't there at all.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied
    Originally posted by rguisewite View Post

Hmm... I haven't seen this happen when I've used it. What browser are you using? Do you get any javascript errors or anything when it happens? I'll keep an eye out, but I haven't had this happen in all the times I've used it...
    Mainly use Chrome. Its only happened twice (although the first occurrence took me three tries to get the changes to stick). I use a Chrome extension that NEVER caches. One thing of interest is this happened the FIRST time I ever used the new interface (and hadn't noticed the Store Owner updated to 9.7 :) ). Also, the first time it happened the Admin basically 'crashed' so I have to reload the page. So maybe there an "first time" issue somewhere which would be really hard to replicate. Will let you know if It happens again.

Leave a comment:

• chetv
    replied
    Hi Ryan,
    Thanks for the comments. They all worked great!
    Chet

Leave a comment:

• rguisewite
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
    used the "Reset" button (which should probably be renamed to Recall) and saw the change was actually never made.
    Hmm... I haven't seen this happen when I've used it. What browser are you using? Do you get any javascript errors or anything when it happens? I'll keep an eye out, but I haven't had this happen in all the times I've used it...

Leave a comment:

• rguisewite
    replied
    Word wrap exists, but it cannot currently be used in conjunction with line numbers. To see the option, you must first turn off line numbers and then the option will be available from the menu.

Spell check is also available, but it is a global setting. Edit your user and go to the Settings tab. Those settings will actually be changed soon, and eventually all that will be done from the editor itself and can be applied to just that editor, or globally. As of this release, however, that is the place you will go to enable the spell checker.

Originally posted by chetv View Post
    I also noticed a couple items I'm either overlooking or are not there. Source mode - would like to wrap text like old system because it runs on quite a ways, also spell checker

Leave a comment:

• chetv
    replied
    I also noticed a couple items I'm either overlooking or are not there. Source mode - would like to wrap text like old system because it runs on quite a ways, also spell checker

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied
    Yes, I'm referring to the "source" code view. Personally I'd like the option to completely remove the "Rich Text Editor" as anyone who doesn't have basic grasp on HTML shouldn't be in most templates (but that's just my opinion). I can see "optionally" adding it in place (i.,e, strict Content sections) but I believe this is begging for problems in the long run.

As for the reload problem, its not consistent, but in two separate sites I've tried making a simple update--looked at the live site to see the changes didn't take place--attempt update again...then used the "Reset" button (which should probably be renamed to Recall) and saw the change was actually never made.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X