Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketplaces - eBay Orders Not Importing / Importing Shipping Info from Amazon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketplaces - eBay Orders Not Importing / Importing Shipping Info from Amazon?

We are currently using Marketplaces with eBay, Amazon, and Etsy. Our typical fulfillment process in the past has been:

1) Import all Marketplace orders into Miva
    2) Import all Miva and marketplace orders into Shipworks for fulfillment
    3) All shipping and tracking information gets pushed from Shipworks to Miva and then pushed to eBay, Amazon, and Etsy as necessary.

We have discovered that if we import Marketplace orders into Miva that were placed prior to our last ShipWorks import, then those Marketplace orders will not import to ShipWorks. In other words, Maketplace Orders must always be downloaded into Miva before a Shipworks download can be scheduled. Is there a work around for this (other than trying to remember to ALWAYS do a "Get Orders" before doing Shipworks downloads)?

eBay Marketplaces:

During the last month we had two eBay orders that were not automatically uploaded into Miva.. I cannot figure out what prevented these 2 particular orders from importing. All items from the orders were part of our eBay store and were items associated with Miva products. Any suggestions?

Amazon Marketplaces:

We discovered that by shipping orders directly from within the Amazon Seller admin we were getting shipping rates much better that the negotiated rates we get in ShipWorks. If we ship from within Amazon, is there a way to pull the the shipping status and tracking number into Miva? Currently I only see a way to push that information from Miva into Amazon, not the other way around.
    Last edited by delcorsets; 10-24-17, 07:54 AM.
    Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Originally posted by delcorsets View Post
    We are currently using Marketplaces with eBay, Amazon, and Etsy. Our typical fulfillment process in the past has been:

1) Import all Marketplace orders into Miva
    2) Import all Miva and marketplace orders into Shipworks for fulfillment
    3) All shipping and tracking information gets pushed from Shipworks to Miva and then pushed to eBay, Amazon, and Etsy as necessary.

We have discovered that if we import Marketplace orders (using the "Get Orders" button) that were placed prior to our most recent ShipWorks import, those Marketplace orders will not import to ShipWorks. Is there a work around for this (other than trying to remember to ALWAYS do a "Get Orders" before doing Shipworks downloads)?
    I'm not very familiar with ShipWorks so help me out a little. Do you have any idea why if you download Marketplace orders first, the orders will not import into ShipWorks?

eBay Marketplaces:

During the last month we had two eBay orders that were not automatically uploaded into Miva.. I cannot figure out what prevented these 2 particular orders from importing. All items from the orders were part of our eBay store and were items associated with Miva products. Any suggestions?
    Have you looked at the eBay log console? The module registers a URL with eBay that is used as a "callback" URL for certain notifications. eBay will "callback" to this URL with data, such as a completed order, and the module will attempt to import it. Looking over the code that handles notifications, it appears that any error that would occur on import would be logged to the console. This may lead you down the right path, but also note that a lot of events may be logged to the console so you may have to search between a specific date range to narrow your results. Another possibility is that eBay either sent a request that we never received, eBay never sent a request, or some other obscure issue. I think you best bet is to look at the log console and see if anything stands out. If you see something and have questions, let us know.

Amazon Marketplaces:

We discovered that by shipping orders directly from within the Amazon Seller admin we were getting shipping rates much better that the negotiated rates we get in ShipWorks. If we ship from within Amazon, is there a way to pull the the shipping status and tracking number into Miva? Currently I only see a way to push that information from Miva into Amazon, not the other way around.
    There is no way to pull in the Amazon shipment status / tracking number into Miva with the current module. This may be something that could be added in future versions, We'd have to look into the Amazon API and see what they send. We'd also have to see if there would be any other issues in terms of Miva and how it handles the Order Processing / Order Shipments.

David Carver
    Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Originally posted by dcarver View Post
      I'm not very familiar with ShipWorks so help me out a little. Do you have any idea why if you download Marketplace orders first, the orders will not import into ShipWorks?
      It's actually the other way around... if you do NOT download the Marketplace orders into Miva first, they will not import into Shipworks later (after native Miva orders have been exported to SW.)

This is just a guess, but I am supposing that during imports Shipworks looks at the date an order was placed, not the Miva order number or "import status", and only imports orders that are timestamped after the last Miva import.

Have you looked at the eBay log console? The module registers a URL with eBay that is used as a "callback" URL for certain notifications. eBay will "callback" to this URL with data, such as a completed order, and the module will attempt to import it. Looking over the code that handles notifications, it appears that any error that would occur on import would be logged to the console. This may lead you down the right path, but also note that a lot of events may be logged to the console so you may have to search between a specific date range to narrow your results. Another possibility is that eBay either sent a request that we never received, eBay never sent a request, or some other obscure issue. I think you best bet is to look at the log console and see if anything stands out. If you see something and have questions, let us know.
      There was only one log entry on 10/6/17 that had an Error status, so I'm assuming that was the order that did not import.
      Timestamp: 10/06/2017 19:08:04 EDT
      User ID: *******
      Event: AuctionCheckoutComplete
      Type: Notification
      Code: MER-DBP-ORD-00001
      Message: mysql_execute: Duplicate entry '0-1507331276' for key 's01_CC_Orders_1'

and on 10/13/17, the date of the other order that did not import into Miva, there is no Log Entry showing an order import, only two events for Revise Inventory Status and Update Inventory.

There is no way to pull in the Amazon shipment status / tracking number into Miva with the current module. This may be something that could be added in future versions, We'd have to look into the Amazon API and see what they send. We'd also have to see if there would be any other issues in terms of Miva and how it handles the Order Processing / Order Shipments.
      The Marketplaces documentation suggests that it is possible to update Miva with shipping status / tracking numbers from Amazon, but it does not seem to work... see the passage below from the Amazon Marketplaces docs.

Update Shipping Button

If you edit an Amazon order in the admin interface and you change the status of the order to shipped, the shipment status change is automatically uploaded to your Amazon store. If you are using a thirdparty tool to edit orders, like ShipWorks, the change to shipment status is automatically made in your Miva Merchant store, but you must use the Update Shipping button to update the shipping status in your Amazon store.

If you change the shipment status of an order in your Amazon store, you must use the Get Orders Button to download the shipment status change from your Amazon store to the admin interface.
      Psydde Delicious
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Another eBay order failed to import into Miva over the weekend.

I discovered that during the most recent failed import on 10/29/17, the customer placed two orders back to back, one imported, one didn’t. This is also what happened on 10/6/17 (screenshot in previous post) , so I suspect that is part of the cause. Both of those orders show a Duplicate entry error in the log. I feel however, that there have been times in the past when eBay customers placed multiple separate orders and they’ve come through without a problem.

Psydde Delicious
        Philadelphia, PA
        www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Another eBay order failed to import into Miva over the weekend.

I discovered that during the most recent failed import on 10/29/17, the customer placed two orders back to back, one imported, one didn’t. This is also what happened on 10/6/17 (screenshot in previous post) , so I suspect that is part of the cause. Both of those orders show a Duplicate entry error in the log. I feel however, that there have been times in the past when eBay customers placed multiple separate orders and they’ve come through without a problem.
          So the issue is that you have an index on your sNN_Orders table called s01_CC_Orders_1. I imagine you have Miva's third party module, Consolidate Customers module installed? If not, you have some other module that created that index. Looking the previously mentioned mondule, it creates a UNIQUE INDEX on the sNN_Orders table with columns cust_id and orderdate. I'd imagine the same customer is placing multiple orders and then the Marketplaces module is attempting to import them, but the orders belong to the same customer and have the exact same date, thus causing a Duplicate entry error from the database.

Can you verify you have the Consolidate Customers module installed? If you do, do you still need it installed because I believe uninstalling the module would fix your issue.
          Last edited by dcarver; 11-01-17, 01:18 PM.
          David Carver

Comment

Yes, we do have Miva's Consolidate Customers module installed. I can uninstall it if that will correct the issue...
            Psydde Delicious
            Philadelphia, PA
            www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

It's actually the other way around... if you do NOT download the Marketplace orders into Miva first, they will not import into Shipworks later (after native Miva orders have been exported to SW.)

This is just a guess, but I am supposing that during imports Shipworks looks at the date an order was placed, not the Miva order number or "import status", and only imports orders that are timestamped after the last Miva import.
              That would be my guess too. They probably know the last import time and only get orders that are newer than that.

The Marketplaces documentation suggests that it is possible to update Miva with shipping status / tracking numbers from Amazon, but it does not seem to work... see the passage below from the Amazon Marketplaces docs.
              I see the documentation you're referring to
              If you change the shipment status of an order in your Amazon store, you must use the Get Orders Button to download the shipment status change from your Amazon store to the admin interface.
              and I do not believe that is correct. I"ll have to talk to some people, but from looking at the code I do not think it will work for the following reasons:
              1. If the order is already imported into Miva, you'll get an error in your Log Console stating the order has already been imported into Miva Merchant.
              2. If the order being imported has been marked as having shipped line items, then a shipment is created within Miva Merchant. That shipment is never created with a tracking number OR a tracking type (USPS, FedEx, etc...)
              I'll look into it and verify I'm not completely mistaken and will let you know.
              David Carver

Comment

Shipworks must be storing the date/time of the last order imported and the next import starts from there. Try reaching out to them to see if there is a different method of pulling orders but likely you'll just need to pull marketplace orders before you start a shipworks download.

Regarding pushing tracking numbers from Amazon to Miva, It only one way from Miva to Amazon. You would need to manually mark them and enter the tracking number in Miva if you generate the labels in Amazon directly.
                Brennan Heyde
                VP Product
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]
                https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
                X