Convert from Ultimate SEO Links to built-in SEO Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert from Ultimate SEO Links to built-in SEO Settings

We have been using the Ultimate SEO Links and would like to convert to the built-in SEO Short Links. The issue is that we do not use separate directories for the categories and products, which Sebenza allowed us to do.

The formats are like the example:

Category:

www.domain.com/test-store/catcode.html
    www.domain.com/test-store/prodcode.html

How can I change the settings in the new SEO settings to match this?

Thanks!

Eldon

Re: Convert from Ultimate SEO Links to built-in SEO Settings

You'll need to use toolkit. They have a function called TKSL which allows you to do root level (no directory identifier) SEO links.

It is also worth noting, that we are in the process of revamping our entire SEO settings, so this will be possible to do using built in functionality in the near future.

Until then toolkit is a good option or the module you have should work just fine too.
    Last edited by Rick Wilson; 02-24-15, 09:42 AM.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Re: Convert from Ultimate SEO Links to built-in SEO Settings

I'd have to ask...why?

The idea of using a URL without an identifier as to the nature of the page (i.e., cat, product, or just informational) is really a bad idea in the long term as it becomes difficult to manage and provide no SEO benefit. In fact, it might be detrimental as link structures such as /catalog and /item or /product ADD to the information a search engine can use to correctly index a site.

The flat URL format was, imo, a bad idea to begin with with no real value.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
      X