Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MVCall Error after upgrade to Empressa 5.32

I am getting the following in a MivaScript Application:

Runtime error in EspritLMS/admin/create_scorm.mvc @ [00000001:000010b6]: C:MivaMiaHTMLEspritLMSadmincreate_scorm.mv: Line 389: MvCALL: Unable to open URL 'https://mysite.com/EspritLMS/scorm_zips/zip_scorm.php': Error establishing SSL connection: certificate verify failed

I didn't get this error prior to upgrading to Empressa 5.32 back in November.

What is strange is that I have a test site that is a mirror of this one (as far as I know) and I am not getting the error on that site.

I read in past forum posts about the need to have the certs directory, but I do not have that in the mirrored site and so I don't believe that is the problem.

I am at a loss and hope someone might have some insight into what is happening.

TIA,
    Robin
    ---------------------------------
    Robin McDermott, CQE
    Director of Training
    QualityTrainingPortal.com

Can you make any HTTPS request successfully? I would imagine that either a) your certs directory, or b) your certificate chain file are not mirrored exactly. I would potentially be leaning towards your CAfile not being the same as the certs directory should be identical if you are using the same version of the engine (unless you have manually added / removed certs in the past).
    David Carver
    Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

My Miva store is working fine so I assume that means I can indeed make successful HTTPS requests. My mivavm.conf has this line:

cafile=/etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt

I confirmed that the ca-bundle.crt is in that location.

The only difference between the site that works and the one that doesn't is that on the site that doesn't work, I just installed an updated secure certificate. Could that have anything to do with the problem?
      Robin McDermott, CQE
      Director of Training

Comment

It would most likely be the updated certificate file. Do you have a backup of the other file? I would try running these commands and see what you get.
        Code:
        openssl s_client -host mysite.com -port 443 -CAfile /path/to/failingcertfile.crt
        openssl s_client -host mysite.com -port 443 -CAfile /path/to/successcertfile.crt
        David Carver
        Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Thank you! I am pursuing that avenue and will report back when I hopefully have resolved the problem.
          Robin McDermott, CQE
          Director of Training

Comment

So the updated SSL certificate was indeed the problem. I use GoDaddy for the SSL certificate which I updated for another 2 years. When I tested the validity of the certificate (SSLShopper.com), I found a slight glitch where it reported I was missing the secure certificate authority. (Because all was reported as working when I clicked on the SSL info link in the browser AND orders were processing without any problems, I thought all was well.) I reinstalled the certificate as if it were a new certificate, assigned it to the domain, checked back with SSLShopper.com to confirm all was working now. It was so I ran my app that uses the MVCall, and it now runs fine. Thanks for all your help!
            Robin McDermott, CQE
            Director of Training

Comment

Working...
            X