Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malfunctioning Navbar

my site is: devchimayoweavers.com

I am making progress on my Bootstrap site despite a general lack of knowledge of all things CSS. I added some pages in the Admin section with access via the navigation bar. I added some <li> buttons in one dropdown and added a whole 'nother dropdown button with a few more pages. They all work fine on the STFNT page, and they display, but don't function as buttons on the other pages. And the category page buttons off the navbar aren't working at all, the are dead links. The fact that the category page buttons display as "&MVTE:CATTREE_CATEGORy:NAME;" might be a useful hint, but I don't really know why it isn't actually displaying the category names.

I have been carefully comparing the codes for the the navbar to see if the changes I made did anything obvious to cause the problem, but can't find anything obvious.

I have another issue that I'll put in a seperate post. I'm not sure...they might be related, but I have no idea.

Re: Malfunctioning Navbar

Originally posted by Centinela View Post
    my site is: devchimayoweavers.com

I am making progress on my Bootstrap site despite a general lack of knowledge of all things CSS. I added some pages in the Admin section with access via the navigation bar. I added some <li> buttons in one dropdown and added a whole 'nother dropdown button with a few more pages. They all work fine on the STFNT page, and they display, but don't function as buttons on the other pages. And the category page buttons off the navbar aren't working at all, the are dead links. The fact that the category page buttons display as "&MVTE:CATTREE_CATEGORy:NAME;" might be a useful hint, but I don't really know why it isn't actually displaying the category names.

I have been carefully comparing the codes for the the navbar to see if the changes I made did anything obvious to cause the problem, but can't find anything obvious.

I have another issue that I'll put in a seperate post. I'm not sure...they might be related, but I have no idea.
    Extremely difficult to diagnose without seeing the actual code so feel free to post your navbar code. Replace your domain name in the links if you need to.
    Last edited by Mark Hood; 04-30-14, 07:32 AM.
    Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Comment

<div class="navbar bs-docs-nav" role="banner">
      <div class="container">
      <div class="navbar-header"> <button class="navbar-toggle" type="button"

data-toggle="collapse" data-target=".bs-navbar-collapse"><span class="sr-only">Toggle
      navigation</span><span class="icon-bar"></span><span class="icon-bar"></span><span

class="icon-bar"></span></button> </div>
      <nav class="collapse navbar-collapse bs-navbar-collapse" role="navigation">
      <ul class="nav navbar-nav">
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="storefront"> Home</mvt:item></li>
      <li class="dropdown"> <a href="#" class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown">All
      Products</a>
      <ul class="dropdown-menu">
      <mvt:foreach array="cattree_categories" iterator="cattree_category">
      <li class="level-&amp;mvte:cattree_category:level;"><a href="&amp;mvte:cattree_category:link;">&amp;mvte: cattree_category:name;</a></li>
      </mvt:foreach>
      </ul>
      </li>
      <li class="dropdown"> <a href="#" class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown">Account</a>
      <li><mvt:item name="customerlink" /></li>
      <mvt:if expr="g.Basket:cust_id">
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:CEML">Change
      Email Address</mvt:item></li>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:CPWD">Change
      Password</mvt:item></li>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="orderhistory">Order
      Status</mvt:item></li>
      <li><a href="&amp;mvt:global:secure_sessionurl;Action=LOG O&amp;Screen=SFNT&amp;Store_Code=&amp;mvta:global: Store_Code;">Log
      Out</a></li>
      <mvt:else>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="orderhistory_login">Order
      Status</mvt:item></li>
      </mvt:if>
      </ul>
      </li>
      <li class="dropdown"> <a href="#" class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown">Customer
      Service<b class="caret"></b></a>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:ABUS">About Us</mvt:item></li>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:SARP">Shipping
      &amp; Returns</mvt:item></li>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:CARE">Product
      Care</mvt:item></li>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:CUSTOM">Custom
      Orders</mvt:item></li>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:PRPO">Privacy
      Policy</mvt:item></li>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:FAQS">FAQs</mvt:item></li>
      </ul>
      </li>
      <li class="dropdown"> <a href="#" class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown">Weavers
      &amp; Tradition<b class="caret"></b></a>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:WEAVERS">Weavers</mvt:item></li>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:HIST">History</mvt:item></li>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:STYLES">Rio
      Grande Weaving Styles</mvt:item></li>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:WOOL">Sheep &amp;
      Wool</mvt:item></li>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:SPIN">Spinning</mvt:item></li>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:YARN">Our Yarns</mvt:item></li>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:WEAVING">Weaving</mvt:item></li>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:SRUGS">Using
      Small Rugs</mvt:item></li>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:BRUGS">Using Big
      Rugs</mvt:item></li>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:UPHOL">Our
      upholstery</mvt:item></li>
      </ul>
      </li>
      <li><mvt:item name="cssui_links" param="screen:CTUS">Contact Us</mvt:item></li>
      </ul>
      </nav>
      </div>
      </div>
      <!-- end .navbar -->

Comment

I don't see any issues there which means it may be something in your global header etc. that is not closed.

I can tell you that you need
        Code:
        <li class="level-&amp;mvte:cattree_category:level;"><a href="&amp;mvte:cattree_category:link;">&amp;mvte: cattree_category:name;</a></li>
        to be
        Code:
        <li class="level-&mvte:cattree_category:level;"><a href="&mvte:cattree_category:link;">&mvte:cattree_category:name;</a></li>
        no need for the amp; here

Another thing that may be causing an issue is making sure you have the cssui_links item assigned to those pages you have created.

Last edited by Mark Hood; 05-01-14, 09:19 AM.
        Mark Hood
        Vermont Gear

Comment

Yes!! It was the cssui_links not being assigned to the new pages. Now my navbar is working on all the pages. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X