Navbar dropdown tab make active link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navbar dropdown tab make active link

I'm new to bootstrap and have a question about the navbar. I know enough css to read what I am looking at and hack it to what I want for most things. I am stumped on something though.

Does anyone know if there is there a way to changethe main tab of a drop down and active link and add a mouse over to show the drop down menu items?

ie:
    Dropdown (click on this and it goes to the page, mouse over to see the sub menu items)
    menu item 1
    menu item 2

Thanks,
    Daphne

Re: Navbar dropdown tab make active link

I haven't tried it with Merchant's drop downs, but you should be able to just add an actual HREF that goes somewhere. The mouse-over show menu effect is triggered by the :hover pseudo action on the A anchor.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by daphne View Post
      I'm new to bootstrap and have a question about the navbar. I know enough css to read what I am looking at and hack it to what I want for most things. I am stumped on something though.

Does anyone know if there is there a way to changethe main tab of a drop down and active link and add a mouse over to show the drop down menu items?

ie:
      Dropdown (click on this and it goes to the page, mouse over to see the sub menu items)
      menu item 1
      menu item 2

Thanks,
      Daphne
      Just a note on this since bootstrap is designed for multiple screens I would question how mouse over affects different devices as far usability. I can tell you this much... They tend to irritate the heck out of me.
      Mark Hood
      Vermont Gear

Comment

Bruce,

I tried that first without success. I may leave it as is for now but I would love to know what other menu options I could have. I'll keep digging. From an SEO standpoint, I was under the impression that Google doesn't favor menus that offer a click and drop down but prefer a clickable link that goes to another page. So much has change though, that may not matter any more.

Thanks,
        Daphne

Comment

Working...
        X