page with no category tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

page with no category tree

There are times when I want to create a page that does not have the left menu (Cat Tree) I had a good way of handling it in the previous frameworks but not sure what is a safe way to accomplish it in the bootstrap framework. Can anyone advise?
    Thank you!
    Maxanne Durkee
    Heavyweight Collections - Premium Heavy T-Shirts
    Facebook, Twitter, Blog

Re: page with no category tree

Originally posted by mdurkee View Post
    There are times when I want to create a page that does not have the left menu (Cat Tree) I had a good way of handling it in the previous frameworks but not sure what is a safe way to accomplish it in the bootstrap framework. Can anyone advise?
    Thank you!
    Taking a look at and copying the SFNT page information/items is how handled this and it seems to work just fine.
    Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Comment

Thanks Mark,
      I took a look at all the pages in the framework that hide the cat tree and can't see what makes it hide. (ACNT, BASK, SFNT, etc)
      since the bootstrap framework access different areas of the css when the screen size changes, I just don't want to break anything.
      Thanks for any help you can lend.
      Maxanne Durkee
      Facebook, Twitter, Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mdurkee View Post
        Thanks Mark,
        I took a look at all the pages in the framework that hide the cat tree and can't see what makes it hide. (ACNT, BASK, SFNT, etc)
        since the bootstrap framework access different areas of the css when the screen size changes, I just don't want to break anything.
        Thanks for any help you can lend.
        You should be able to simply remove this and unassign the category tree from the page
        Code:
        <div class="col-md-3 col-sm-3 hidden-xs">
        		<mvt:item name="category_tree" />
        		</div>
        Then change the next line <div class="col-md-9 col-sm-9"> to <div class="col-md-12 col-sm-12"> in order to have it reach all the way across the screen.

sm md lg refer to screen size so as a hopeful description the hidden-xs will hide the div completely on a screen size of xs. You could technically make it hidden-sm hidden-md hidden-lg and have it hide but if you never want to see it on the page anyway, you might as well remove the div completely.
        Mark Hood
        Vermont Gear

Comment

Thanks so much for the info. I will give that a try.
          Maxanne Durkee
          Facebook, Twitter, Blog

Comment

Working...
          X