Miva stopped working??? Help please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva stopped working??? Help please...

I've had a miva script working for years now, and all of a sudden it stopped working. The best I can figure, when someone clicks a submit button, it doesn't take the values of the form fields anymore. Any ideas? Was there some new change to miva that states I have to define vars differently or code forms in a different way. Nothing will evalute and it's broken my scripts. TIA!

Re: Miva stopped working??? Help please...

Did you recently update your store or did your host recently update anything on the server?

Comment

They claim they have no updated anything in months and have no idea what the deal is, and that I should figure it out. I haven't touched the scripts in 6 months and it was working fine. Thanks for the reply and any help.

Comment

Also, I don't know if this helps... but it seems the GET vars eval but not the POST vars... meaning if I pull a value of the HTTP string in the url box, it will show, but if I try to eval a var from a form field, it will not.

Comment

This is helpful - though I don't have an answer to the issue. I've seen this reported before, I think your case is about the third in the last few months. Perhaps we can begin to trend this if you can supply detailed info about your setup. Host, software versions, etc.

It's certainly related to the MIVA Empresa / Virtual Machine install, and NOT MIVA Merchant. It is definitely that POST vars don't work and GET vars do... beyond that I haven't seen any further trends.

Note that I also recall seeing this once about three years ago - but don't recall the resolution.

Comment

Thanks for writing back, I hope to get this resolved soon as my clients sites stopped working. Here's some more info:

MIVA Virtual Machine 5.03 - Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.25 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b

Comment

I am experiencing the exact same problem. Seems like you can browse the stores just fine, but as soon as you go to submit something, either by adding it to the cart, or "buy one now" it doesnt pass the variables.. it just goes back to the default merchant.mvc page.. Anyone have a solution yet?

I had this exact problem about a year ago.. I managed to fix it then but did not document the fix.
              Last edited by laszlof; 08-23-07, 08:05 AM.

Comment

I'm investigating this on a customer site right now, and won't be able to sleep until I fix it. :) Can you remember anything about the resolution?

Best,
                James

Comment

Hi Laszlof - can you open a ticket with our support team (now back in San Diego). Please ask to speak with Jim. I have one site exhibiting the issue, and I'd like another one so I can compare notes (software versions, etc) between the two.

Thanks,
                  James

Comment

Hi James, I do have a ticket open, and the Miva team has
                    basically told me if I want it fixed, I either have to do it myself or purchase one of their support packages. If it helps, the ticket ID is MSK-234116. I'll provide any and all information require to help us both.I have stores down and I need to get them back up. Thanks

-Frank

Comment

Here is my software information:

MIVA Virtual Machine 5.06 - Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7e-p1

I also had mod_security enabled on apache, but disabled it thinking it may have caused the problem.. No dice..

Comment

Hello Frank,

I just replied to Ken in the ticket letting you know what information I need. I hope to hear back soon.
                        Jim McCormick
                        Miva Merchant Support
                        866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Just replied to the ticket with additional information. Let me know if you need anything else.

-Frank

Comment

I just noticed that you cannot login securely even with calling mivavm with /Merchant2/admin.mvc as an argument. It works non-secure though.

Comment

Are you using cPanel? I found an old (2005) Changelog report about cPanel that references cgi's not being able to read STDIN (php run in cgi-mode can't read STDIN). Could be related to suexec as well. Still digging.

Comment

Working...
                              X