page links on Google Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

page links on Google Browser

I am attempting to complete a project implementing css landing pages on my Miva Website, a project dumpted on me by a developer who bailed half way through the project. Things are going well enough, except I hit a bump with the Google Browser. The links work fine with IE and Firefox, but none of the links are recognized by Google. The pages are still in a dev. subdirectory but this does not seem to matter with the IE and Firefox.

Could it be I am missing something fairly basic here? Your input will be appreciated.

Bob MacLachlan
    iHobb.com

Re: page links on Google Browser

Got a link? Or are you working locally (your own computer)?
    Jamie Donaldson
    JSDVS Web Design / Development
    Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

I am working from a .dev site in my subdirectory of a Miva Merchant hosted site.

Comment

In your dev store admin, click the "view store" link at the top, right frame of the admin. Your url will be in your browser's address bar.

Jamie
        Jamie Donaldson

Comment

http://dev.ihobb.com/

The home page functions OK...it is the subsequent pages that are not functioning. It turns out that the first 2-3 inches of the links are active along the left and then it goes dead. Thus, even for a jpg which is active, it goes dead half way throught the area. The links beyond the 2-3 inch border have no functioning.

Comment

It looks like you've got a lot of issues with your code. Validate it at http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_uri , and then also your CSS at http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

Fixing your code and css can cure a world of dysfunction in a site. If you still have problems after that, then I'll look more if you wish.

Jamie
            Jamie Donaldson

Comment

It ended up that putting a period (.) at the end of the page, <!-- END: wrap --> . made the problem go away.

The validator.w3.org site was a great find.

iHobb.com

Comment

Validation can help many things...not just valid code but also help you sort out things that are not displaying right.

Glad it helped.

Jamie
                Jamie Donaldson

Comment

I'd worry about that...a "period" at the end of the page shouldn't have fixed anything...maybe masked it, but definitely not fixed it. You still have multiple head tags (and </html> tags) which is more likely the real problem or a larger part of the problem.
                  Bruce Golub
                  Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                  phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                  X