Empresa Wishlist? - db libraries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empresa Wishlist? - db libraries

There doesn't seem to be any sticky wishlist thread for Empresa/Mivascript (as opposed to Merchant -the shopping cart), although maybe it would be nice to have one.

Here's something that just crossed my mind.

It would be great to have some more database options other than just MivaSQL and mySQL. Seeing the way Oracle is suing Google over Android, makes me nervous about requiring mySQL for anything that's not open source, but MivaSQL has quite a few limitations and gotchas.

SQLite is public domain and provides a C/C++ interface, so maybe could provide a lightweight built in db library for Mivascript that might be a bit more robust than MivaSQL, but maybe wouldn't take as much work as MivaSQL to support and develop, and that's also well documented.

Of couse as I've mentioned many times, I'd love to have ODBC back, so that Merchant can interact with other DB systems from within Mivascript, although with the mySQL option that does allow for using other languages which do support other RDMS to Mivascript to manipulate the data.
    Christopher Cookson
    Create IT Powered by Webpression CMS

Re: Empresa Wishlist? - db libraries

I would love to be able to connect to Oracle databases again. That's what I use at work and it would make things so much simpler. Currently I need to use a separate program to dump the data I want, then load it into a local MySQL db. Rinse, Repeat every time something changes...

Comment

Working...
    X