Empresa From-Scratch: A Couple Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empresa From-Scratch: A Couple Questions

I installed Empresa v5.13 64bit (older version to match what's installed on my live server) on my CentOS development box to tool around with various MivaScript things, but there's a problem I'm having with it, and unrelated to this problem, I'm also wondering if there's a tweak for it.

First, the problem: I created a stand-alone script to mess with the GD image creation functions. If I compile and upload this script to my live server, it runs (albeit with some strange issues - I'll save that for another thread), but if I try running it on my dev server I get a fatal error:
    Code:
    Fatal error in miva/imagetest.mvc @ [00000000:00000024]: imagetest.mv: Line 8: Unresolved call to external function 'gdimagecreate'
    I followed the non-PCI compliant installation instructions (since this server is only accessible to my local network and won't actually host an installation of Merchant) supplied in the README.txt.

Second, the tweak: Is there a way to get Empresa to read and parse uncompiled MivaScript? Having to recompile my script each time I make a minor change to it is kind of annoying.

Re: Empresa From-Scratch: A Couple Questions

I don't know, but it sounds like a gd library problem. Do you have the full gd libraries installed? Their location defined in the site's config? You have to set the config variable of "MvCONFIG_SYSTEMLIB_GD /path/to/libgd.so". The command gdimagecreate is a gd library call so something is wonky there.

You can't use the VM to run uncompiled code but you can run old Empresa v3.97 or Miva Mia to test run a lot of code. You can always setup a macro in your editor to auto-compile the current code, but I myself use old uncompiled code more than compiled; unless it needs to mess with MySQL.

Hope that helps some...

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan-Driftwood View Post
      I don't know, but it sounds like a gd library problem. Do you have the full gd libraries installed? Their location defined in the site's config? You have to set the config variable of "MvCONFIG_SYSTEMLIB_GD /path/to/libgd.so". The command gdimagecreate is a gd library call so something is wonky there.

You can't use the VM to run uncompiled code but you can run old Empresa v3.97 or Miva Mia to test run a lot of code. You can always setup a macro in your editor to auto-compile the current code, but I myself use old uncompiled code more than compiled; unless it needs to mess with MySQL.

Hope that helps some...
      Considering he's dealing with GD graphics, there is no way old 3.97 would work. Too much has been added to the language since going compiled.

I second just setting up a macro in your editor. I personally use EditPlus for everything and have CTRL+1 to compile and CTRL+2 to compile with extra parameter (Like IFDEF="DEBUG" kind of work). The other option is to design a MAKE file so that it always compiles everything, but that's a lot of overhead to maintain if you're only dealing with a few files.

Comment

Sorry, thought that was already pretty obvious. The old version 3.97 was released in 2003 - way before GD access was available. Nonetheless it can still be handy for testing base code.

Comment

Working...
        X