editor and compiler in one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: editor and compiler in one?

awesome. i keep meaning to update mine for mvt's...but always run out of time.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by RayYates View Post
      I use this exact setup. I also uploaded Textpad clip libraries and syntax coloring for mivascript .mv and .mvt files to their website (a bit out of date now)
      If I am not mistaken, they are _very_ out of date.

What do the folks at Miva do?
      William Gilligan - Orange Marmalade, Inc.
      www.OrangeMarmaladeinc.com

Comment

We use a variety of different editors. I personally use vim with its basic HTML syntax highlighting and the ":make" command to invoke the compiler. We all compile directly in the web root of our development machines, so there's no deployment required to run the code.

Comment

A couple of us use SublimeText. Here is a GitHub repository with syntax highlighting and auto-complete commands for MivaScript.

https://github.com/ummmmm/sublime-mivascript

We build through terminal in the root of our HTML folders. Another way to deploy files to a remote server is use the scp command. I would do something like the following in terminal:

Code:
          make && scp file_to_be_copied.mvc server_to_copy_to:/path_to/place_file

so it would realistically look something like

make && scp lib/util_public.mvc myserver.com:/var/www/html/mm5/5.00/lib
          This would make the file and then copy it directly to your server. If you have SSH keys and a .ssh/config file setup properly, you can do all of this without ever entering a username and password either.
          David Carver
          Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Working...
          X