Mia 5.28 is not saving settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mia 5.28 is not saving settings

I bit the bullet and upgraded my version of Mia from 5.19 to 5.28. However, now that I've upgraded, Mia is no longer saving the settings (where the html and data directory are, cookies, added library, etc). It just stays with the defaults.

So why is this happening, and how can I update the settings to the correct values?

As other info, I can change the options within Mia, but they never take effect. Clicking Apply and/or OK does not make a difference.

It's a known intermittent bug on Mia, this may help: "uninstalling Mia, manually deleting the registry keys and reinstalling may fix it"
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Rick. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

I tried uninstalling anything Miva, clear out the registry, reboot, and install just Mia, but I still can't get Mia to update settings.

The only factor is that I'm installing the 32-bit version on a 64-bit machine. Last I heard, the 64-bit wouldn't work with OpenSSL. If that has changed, let me know and what version of OpenSSL to grab.

I still have Win32OpenSSL_Light-1_0_1c installed from the previous version of Mia.

Thanks

Comment

The 64-bit version of Mia should fix your problems and work with OpenSSL as long as you install the Win64 OpenSSL v1.0.x from slproweb.com.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

*sigh* Still no good. Won't update the registry. Won't update the properties regardless what is displayed (I can change the values via the UX, but they don't actually take effect).

Any other suggestions?

Comment

For what it's worth, I just edited the registry by hand to get the correct values. I just need to know what to add to the plug in section to add GD back in.

Comment

Add a line to the libraries value that looks like this:

Code:
              s,GD,<path-to-BGD.dll>

Comment

Unfortunately, after finally getting that computer running, it killed itself last month. So now I'm back to installing Mia; this time MivaMerchantMia-v5.31-x64.

Needless to say, I still can't get it save the settings via the interface, so I'm getting pretty good at hand editing the registry. Now I'm having another issue. Links keep changing from 'localhost' to the machine name, 'msi', causing everything to break when following clicks. It gives a "Cannot find host msi' error.

I've tried adding `127.0.0.1 msi` to my hosts file, flushing the dns, and rebooting but it still refuses to accept msi.

Given that, is there a setting to stop Mia from converting localhost to something else?

Comment

Working...
                X