Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduling reports to be sent for non-merchant application

Hi there,

We have a fairly complex non-merchant application (a Learning Management System) programmed using Miva Script. We want this application to send out reports and emails to users based on certain triggers. (A good way to think of it in Miva Merchant terms would be the subscription reminders that are automatically sent out to remind people that their subscription will be renewed and their credit card charged, but again, we are not working with a Merchant application). Is there functionality in MivaScript to do something like this? Or is there some type of other programming that we could use to enable this functionality in our non-merchant miva application?

I realize this is a big broad question and might not have anything to do with MivaScript, but thought I would start my research by asking some of the smartest people I know :-)

Thanks in advance!
    Robin
    ---------------------------------
    Robin McDermott, CQE
    Director of Training
    QualityTrainingPortal.com

Yes, it is built-in to MivaScript. If you take a look at the MvSMTP command you will have most of the issue addressed I think. If you are talking about doing it in Merchant you might find a current module which would handle it or some form of it. If its old uncompiled MivaScript its pretty darn easy to build a script to do it.

Comment

You'd also want to set up a CRON to poll the module on a regular basis to trigger the report generation and email sending. You'd add a query string to the call like script_path/script_name.mvc?Action="doReports" and wrap your report function in an <mvif expr="{ g.action EQ 'doReports' }">
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks Bruce and Jonathan. We are going down the path of a Cron Job at this point. Our application has nothing to do with Merchant so a module will not help. However, we will look into the mivascript functions you mention. We are using a compiled version of Mivascript.

Robin
        ---------------------------------
        Robin McDermott, CQE
        Director of Training
        QualityTrainingPortal.com

Comment

Working...
        X