Developer tools - Editors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Developer tools - Editors?

Once or twice a year I revisit this .... anyone have specific tools they use for coding mivascript?

I am looking for mac and windows tools / methods that allow for compiling from the editor if possible.

Suggestions? Ideas?
    William Gilligan - Orange Marmalade, Inc.
    www.OrangeMarmaladeinc.com

I use Sublime Text 3 and press ctrl-b to compile. I had to set it up to work in my dev environment but it works great. It gives me errors in a console window if something is wrong. I used to use Notetab Plus, used it for many years, but a few years ago I tried sublime and after a bit of a learning curve I was full into it. Miva corp supplies sublime packages for mvt and mv programming (in the "more" links on their docs page.)
    M.A.D.* since 1997

http://www.scotsscripts.com

*miva application developers

Comment

Scot,
      Any chance you could share your build? or share some suggestions for setting it up?

I have the cmd working, but I get "mvc: No input file specified
      [Finished in 0.0s with exit code 1]" everytime

B
      Last edited by wmgilligan; 02-14-19, 09:38 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Comment

UPDATE. Here is what I have in the sublime build for future reference. This is working. I am sure others have more in theirs.
        Code:
        {
            "cmd": ["/usr/local/msc/bin/mvc","-B", "/usr/local/msc/builtins", "$file"],
            "working_dir": "$file_path"
        }

Comment

Good, I'm glad you got it working because I can't figure out where that stuff is. When sublime text 2 upgraded all of my settings kind of disappeared and since it's working I haven't figured out the mystery.
          M.A.D.* since 1997

http://www.scotsscripts.com

*miva application developers

Comment

I've been doing a lot of Node and JS lately and like using Visual Studio Code.

I don't have it set up for a Miva workflow, just thought I'd mention it.
            http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

Just updating this for future reference.... the "build" is located (on a mac) here: ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages and the new updated build I have is: {
              "cmd": ["/usr/local/msc/bin/mvc","-B", "/usr/local/msc/builtins", "-w", "all", "$file"],
              "working_dir": "$file_path"
              }

Comment

Anyone still maintaining a Miva sublime (or other editor) build, etc?

Comment

Hi wmgilligan ,

There is a Miva IDE plugin for Visual Studio Code that is actively maintained. I believe this is intended to replace the Sublime text package as it hasn't been updated in a few years.

Comment

Thanks for this. I am checking VSC out now. All seems good - except - where are the settings for the Miva IDE? and - once the IDE knows about the compiler - how do you compile a file?
                    I re-reading everything is appears this is just a highlighter? - compared to the sublime setup that is a highlighter, and will compile the code.

Comment

Working...
                    X