Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curl works - MvCall fails....

Hi all,
    I am doing some testing, and using Curl and passing the parameter -u with xxxxx:yyyyy works fine.
    But, sending the same info via MvCall as a header ( 'Authorization: Basic xxxxx:yyyyy' ) fails.

I have line feeds, and have tried base64 encoding and every-time "Client Authentication failed".

Any ideas?
    It appears to me that curl -u is not actually the same as auth basic... is it?
    William Gilligan - Orange Marmalade, Inc.
    www.OrangeMarmaladeinc.com

• I'm not sure if this will help, but here's how I make the basic authorization work. The mvcall probably doesn't mesh with what you're doing, but maybe it will give you some ideas.

Code:
    <MvASSIGN NAME="l.header" VALUE="{ 'Authorization: Basic ' $ crypto_base64_encode( l.username $ ':' $ l.password ) $ asciichar(13) $ asciichar(10) }">

<MvCALL ACTION = "{ l.url }" METHOD = "RAW" CONTENT-TYPE = "application/json; charset=utf-8" FIELDS = "l.json" FLAGS = "noparse" HEADERS = "{ l.header }">
    This one works for sending json to an endpoint with basic auth.
    M.A.D.* since 1997

http://www.scotsscripts.com

*miva application developers

Comment

• Run your curl with the -v flag to see the exact headers being sent. You should be able to mimic that request with MvCALL.
      David Carver
      Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

• Scott - that is essentially what I am doing (and what has always worked in the past).
        DC - the v flag shows that it was doing what I thought - and yes, it is Authorization Basic.

These two posts helped me fix it! I was treating the password as a variable and _not_ as an actual string.. me bad!

Thanks!
        William Gilligan - Orange Marmalade, Inc.
        www.OrangeMarmaladeinc.com

Comment

Working...
        X

This website uses cookies to identify visitors, track visitors to our website, store login session information and to remember your user preferences. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accept