Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MvEVAL previous db row (using xbase3)

Hello all,

So lets say I have this <MvEVAL expr = "{thisdb.d.somefield}"> and it's currently on row 500 of the xbase3 table. But then I want to MvEVAL the same field using row 499 data?

That is I do NOT want to move the pointer, I just want to eval field values for rows that are different from where the pointer is. Is there a way? A way to do so directly without reading the DB rows all into another structure, etc.?

Thanks --
    Sean Harrell
    Southland Trade Corp.

Its been awhile since I've worked with dbase, but what about <mvskip>? just set the rows="" count to -1 *(or whatever).

Also, if looking for the 'previous' record as you are looping through , you could always just save it to a variable before you move to the next record.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks Bruce,

Yeah can't use mvskip since that moves the pointer, and in fact there is a skip that comes in the loop right where I am doing this and I need that to be the only movement of the record pointer. The second idea you mentioned is more what I am doing -- working on it now. Thanks for the input.

Sean Harrell
      Southland Trade Corp.

Comment

You can't do that. You have to MvSKIP to the row you want to read. Another way would be to pre-load the data into an array and then simply read values from that however way y ou want.
        M.A.D.* since 1997

http://www.scotsscripts.com

*miva application developers

Comment

Working...
        X