Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message Board problem sending emails G Suite

Hello,

We have a module called Message Board (coded in MivaScript) that communicates customers with our Order Processing Team each time a customer has ordered in our ecommerce.

That module works sending email notification each time one of the sides writes a message on the website or Admin Miva. Those emails were working fine when the mailhost was from Miva, but we change for G Suite and it stops working even when the mailhost and port was updated for the Gsuite.

We contacted G Suite for help and they told us everything on their side to set properly the email, but it seems that something is happening with the code that doesn´t send the email each time the module is used. The module is working fine on the website, but the only issue is not sending the emails notifications.

Somebody knows if MivaScript needs something else to send emails when the mailhost is not from Miva?

Thanks,

You could turn on MvSMTP logging and see what communication between the servers.
    Code:
    loglevel=0x00200000
    logfile=mvsmtp.log
    If that doesn't output anything then I would try the following logging which will show any runtime / fatal errors.
    Code:
    loglevel=0x30000000
    logfile=runtime_fatal.log
    David Carver
    Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

You probably need to contact the developer of Message Board. I haven't heard of this module. But they could probably update the module use the MivaMerchant updated API to sent email without a local (Miva server based) email server.

The issue is likely similar to one I just found with a client that switched to GSuite. An older module could no longer send emails because the module needed the localhost global variables which Emrpressa supplies. When you don't have a local email server, they don't exist so MvSMTP fails.

Luckily, Miva had already created a builtin function for that old module and the client is using that. Otherwise, we were going use an SMTP Relay service to be able to send emails.

Scott
      Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
      Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
      MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
      Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
      AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
      My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

Message Board is a third party module built for our site exclusively.

How can I turn on MvSMTP logging?

On the other hand, we set up the SMTP Relay service but even with that, the module is not working yet.

Comment

Did you set up the relay in the Domain Settings => Mail Settings tab?

Sound like you need to contact the developer.

Scott
          AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration

Comment

Think so. Thanks for your help!

Comment

>Luckily, Miva had already created a builtin function for that old module and the client is using that.

Do you think you can give me more information about that function?

Comment

The 3rd Party module had the capability of updating the Order status, like a tracking # and email the customer with updated information. When I switched the client/store owner to GSuite the email server obviously didn't exist on the Miva store server any longer. The email SMTP function of the module could not load the required parameters of that Mivascript function, because the values were NULL.

The suggestion was to add the GSuite SMTP email info to Domain Settings => Mail Setting in the place of the default "localhost." This appears it doesn't work because Google is requiring specific account authorization -- for security. Our next option would have been to purchase a fairly cheap SMTP relay service.

We finally chose the better option IMO because that module will never be updated to use the current API. After some convincing, the store owner is using the built-in function which sends the email when you update the Shipment in Order Processing (the email template for this needs to be configured).

Scott

Comment

Thanks for the information

Comment

Working...
                  X