• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How best to insert space in text...

Here is what I have:
    <MvAssign name="l.info" value="LetsGetTogether">
    The output I want: Lets Get Together

What is the best way to find the caps and insert a space before each one?
    William Gilligan - Orange Marmalade, Inc.
    www.OrangeMarmaladeinc.com

• Code:
    <MvCAPTURE VARIABLE = "l.data">
        <MvFOR INDEX = "l.pos" COUNT = "{ len_var( l.info ) }">
            <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.char"        VALUE = "{ substring_var( l.info, l.pos, 1 ) }">
            <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.asciivalue"  VALUE = "{ asciivalue( l.char ) }">

<MvIF EXPR = "{ l.asciivalue GE 65 AND l.asciivalue LE 90 AND l.pos GT 1 }">
                <MvEVAL EXPR = " ">
            </MvIF>

<MvEVAL EXPR = "{ l.char }">
        </MvFOR>
    </MvCAPTURE>
    David Carver
    Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

• Nice solution... Showing great age - I didn't even know there was an MvCAPTURE command; but can't figure out why its different from just testing/capturing the output result of a function. Still waiting for an MvMAKECOFFEE command.

Comment

• IMO, its just easier cause you don't have to escape anything. I use it a lot when i need to capture formatted output, say XML or HTML.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

• I ran into an interesting issue with this code that got it on the back burner till this morning. Bottom line... doing this with either MvCapture with MvFor or MvWhile caused a space to be placed between every character. Turns out - when using sublime text 3.2.2 Mac - there was a space inserted every time due to the lines used.

This is the code I ended up with (changed from MvCapture while troubleshooting the space issue):
          Code:
          <MvAssign name="l.pos" value="1">
          <MvWhile expr="{ l.pos LE len(gettoken(l.mytext' ',2)) }"><MvASSIGN NAME = "l.char" VALUE = "{ substring_var(l.mytext, l.pos, 1) }"><MvASSIGN NAME = "l.asciivalue"  VALUE = "{ asciivalue( l.char ) }"><MvIF EXPR = "{ l.asciivalue GE 65 AND l.asciivalue LE 90 AND l.pos GT 1 }"><MvEVAL EXPR = "{ ' ' $ l.char}"><MvElse><MvEVAL EXPR = "{ l.char }"></MvIF><MvAssign name="l.asciivalue" value=""><MvAssign name="l.pos" value="{ l.pos + 1 }"></MvWhile>
          Note - all on one single continuous line. Likely an issue with my sublime settings - if anyone has ideas on fixing that - feel free to share.

Comment

• Sounds like you need to either set <MIVA STANDARDOUTPUTLEVEL = ""> for your entire file or on the function that is used in. Or you can even set it on the MvCAPTURE tag.

Code:
            <MvCAPTURE VARIABLE = "l.data" STANDARDOUTPUTLEVEL = "">
            </MvCAPTURE>
            will give you what you want and still be readable.
            David Carver
            Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

• Actually had tried "text" only - did not try the "". Just tested, and yup = you are right. That is the fix. Honestly, I don't recall ever actually doing that before (I feel like Jonathan!). Just re-read the docs, "If empty, output is suppressed unless explicitly output using the <MvEVAL> tag." I will remember that now.

Comment

Working...
              X

This website uses cookies to identify visitors, track visitors to our website, store login session information and to remember your user preferences. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accept