Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sort by custom featured flag

Hello,

I'm trying modify the way items are sorted by the a custom field (boolean) called 'featured'. Out of the box it uses this a category called featured. I just want it to look to this custom field instead, but the code doesn't seem to be accessible to me.

Has anyone done this before?

Sorted or Filtered? (Sorted=Featured first, Filtered=Show only Featured)

If this is for a home page or category page, this approach can eat up quite a bit of processing time. That is why 'default' methods rely on a reduced set of products contained in a category. You could, create an admin function to run a script to place all products with the Featured field, INTO a category that can be used at run time.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
      Sorted or Filtered? (Sorted=Featured first, Filtered=Show only Featured)

If this is for a home page or category page, this approach can eat up quite a bit of processing time. That is why 'default' methods rely on a reduced set of products contained in a category. You could, create an admin function to run a script to place all products with the Featured field, INTO a category that can be used at run time.
      Sorted, Featured first.

I think in that case it'd be better to use the category after all. Although, it doesn't seem like the out of the box feature category does anything on the shop sort.

Comment

Working...
      X