No announcement yet.

Can not update Miva Merchant to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't sound like you're on our hosting? If you are, you could always file a ticket and someone in support could take a look at the server.
    David Carver
    Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Any ideas where I should look for it? I did a "find" command search and it seem to pull old ones from back ups. Where do we set the location of the mivavm.conf file?

Comment

Originally posted by dcarver View Post
        Doesn't sound like you're on our hosting? If you are, you could always file a ticket and someone in support could take a look at the server.
        No we are self hosted.

Comment

It searches for it in the following order:
          1. /home/globalrose.com/www/cgi-bin/mivavm.conf
          2. The current working directory of the program that started the VM, which would be in apache somewhere (this is unlikely)
          3. /etc/mivavm.conf
          David Carver

Comment

It searches for it in the following order:
            1. /home/globalrose.com/www/cgi-bin/mivavm.conf
            2. The current working directory of the program that started the VM, which would be in apache somewhere (this is unlikely)
            3. /etc/mivavm.conf
            2 and 3 don't exist. 1 does exist and is what I have been modifying.

Comment

If you add invalid syntax to your mivavm.conf file and refresh your site do you get an error? I just went back and looked at your mivavm.conf file, is all your have the system library definition for GD and that's it? If so, then that file is definitely not being used and you're using the ENV configuration. This would lead me to believe something in your apache SetEnv is not working properly.
              David Carver

Comment

The issue is probably because you're prefixing all SetEnv with HTTP_xxx. Try just doing "SetEnv MvCONFIG_SYSTEMLIB_MYSQLCLIENT /path/to/libmysqlclient.so" and restarting apache.
                David Carver

Comment

I removed the HTTP_ from the line, and restarted apache. I have not tried to load it with the 5.34 files, but diagtool is still not showing the installed library. Is there something that needs to be done to diagtool for it to update?

Comment

When you go to the list of installed libraries in diagtool does it show up now?
                    David Carver

Comment

Actually I think I see it in the "System Variables", but not in the "Installed System Libraries".
                      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N0S...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Hmm this is strange... Maybe you do need the HTTP_ in front. On my machine I do not have those set, but your GD is being registered correctly with it in front. dhubbard anymore ideas?
                        David Carver

Comment

Which configuration are you actually using? One is the 3x configuration while the other is the ENV configuration. Basically you need to either add "SetEnv HTTP_MvCONFIG_SYSTELLIB_MYSQLCLIENT /path/to/mysqlclient.so" to your ENV configuration or you need to add "<SYSTEM-LIB CODE="MYSQLCLIENT" LIBRARY="/path/to/mysqlclient.so"> to your 3x configuration. You can get the shared libraries either from the MySQL website or you could do "yum install mariadb-libs" depending on the OS you're running. The best way is probably to install it through your package manager, either yum, apt, etc...
                          There was a typo LOL. I copy and pasted from this and didnt notice system was spelled systel. I changed this and now its showing up under "Installed System Libraries"

Comment

Miva is now updating, Thanks alot dcarver

Comment

With the help of Miva support and you guys I was able to get Miva 10 to update, but it is not working for 10_00_01. It seems the bzip, even though its installed and working fine stand alone, does not want to cooperate with Miva Empresa to do updates.

When attempting to update, it gives this error: Error extracting patch (MER-UPG-ADM-00006)

Can I get some help please?

Comment

I'm familiar with the site in question. Our staff were not able to determine what issue is occurring with your copy of Empresa and/or OS configuration. Our recommendation at this point would be to migrate the site to a server running a non-EOL operating system, preferably one we test and deploy on such as CentOS 7 or Ubuntu 20 LTS, and then we can provide example configurations that would hopefully get things working normally. We don't provide Empresa support on servers we don't operate beyond example configs.
                                David Hubbard
                                CIO
                                Miva
                                [email protected]
                                http://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
                                X