Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent Multer
    replied
    Thanks David, that solved the problem. For anyone else who's reading along, you have to add these lines to .htaccess to allow Miva to see the header:
    Code:
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.*)
    RewriteRule .* - [e=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%1]
    The first line, of course, is probably already present in the file. In that case, put the two new lines somewhere after it.

Leave a comment:

• dcarver
    replied
    We don't modify any HTTP headers. From a quick search it appears Apache strips that header. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...p-post-request

I verified that NGINX does not do this FWIW.

Leave a comment:

• Kent Multer
    replied
    Hi David, that doesn't seem to be working for me. The header is called "Authorization," not "Authentication." I did a few tests using curl to send requests with the "Authorization: Basic XXXXXXX" header. The module's log file shows that it received the requests, but the variable s.http_authorization came up empty every time.

Can you please check on the correct syntax for this? If there's documentation on it, you can just send me a link. I wasn't able to find anything in the descriptions of system variables.

Maybe there's some config setting that I need to change to enable this variable?

Thanks -- Kent

Leave a comment:

• dcarver
    replied
    You can read the headers as part of s.HTTP_xxx variable. So you'd probably want s.HTTP_AUTHENTICATION or something along those lines.

Leave a comment:

• wmgilligan
    replied
    Hi Kent,
    I am almost certain this can be done, but I am not at my main computer, and can't locate any code to help...
    Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Kent Multer
    started a topic Can a script read Basic Authentication?

Can a script read Basic Authentication?

I'm working on a module that will receive incoming JSON requests from a fulfillment house, and use the data to update order status. The fulfillment server can send requests with Basic authentication, using a username and password that we specify. But is it possible for a script or module to read the HTTP headers of an incoming request to json.mvc?

The documentation mentions a system variable, s.auth_type, which may be related to this. But the description is so vague, I can't tell what it actually contains.

Thanks --
Working...
X