Pull in inventory info on variants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pull in inventory info on variants?

I'm trying to pull in information about inventory on product variants, but I don't see anything in the attributes/options tokens that are listed? You can pull in the total available rolled up on the parent level, but I need to be able to see if a specific variant is sold out or not.

Ex: size S has 10 available, but M has 0 (or 'out', either works) etc.

How would I pull in this info?

If it's not already in the variant structure you can manually load it via api functions. This will probably do the job:

<mvt:do file="g.Module_Feature_INV_RT" name="l.success" value="Inventory_Load_Variant(l.settings:product, variant_id)" />

variant_id will be whatever id the variant product is, maybe l.setting:product:id depending on what's going on in the template.

The product structure will then contain a bunch of variant info, including:

product:inv_available
    product:inv_instock
    product:inv_short
    product:inv_long
    M.A.D.* since 1997

http://www.scotsscripts.com

*miva application developers

Comment

Hmm, either I'm not getting this to load right, or I'm not calling it right... Or both.

<mvt:do file="g.Module_Feature_INV_RT" name="l.success" value="Inventory_Load_Variant(l.settings:product:c ode, l.settings:var_id)" />
      Test load: &mvte:success

Comment

Inventory_Load_Variant(l.settings:product:c ode, l.settings:var_id)

You don't need l.settings:product:c code (c code is a typo anyway), you just need to load it into l.settings:product

I don't know what your l.settings:var_id is supposed to be, you need to figure it out from the page. If you already have l.settings:product then you can try l.settings:product:id

Anyway, l.settings:var_id needs to be the variable for the variant product id. You might be able to use the tokens thing to see what that variable name is.
        M.A.D.* since 1997

http://www.scotsscripts.com

*miva application developers

Comment

Working...
        X