mmt tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mmt tools

I have a ticket into support, but I thought I'd ask here too. Not many threads on the mmt tools. The documentation seems to be missing something. Not sure what though. I can't seem to gain access, since I'm getting access denied responses.

The documentation kind of favors a Linux flavor OS, but, I'm currently on a Windows 10 machine. I have a feeling there is some nuance I'm not aware of. And, there doesn't appear to be any troubleshooting guidance.

Any ideas?

Scott
    Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
    Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
    MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
    Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
    AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
    My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

What is your exact issue? Just access denied? Can you look in the system logs to see the exact reason for the access denied? We explicitly test on Windows machines so you shouldn't have any problems with it because of that.
    David Carver
    Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Thanks, David. I've actually gotten past this finally with some info from support. Where are the system logs, IOW, what specific files? I am wondering if the info might have helped.

The info from support helped me understand that there is a nuance with the Method apparently. Once I updated credentials with the right Method and the correct user (non-admin for this case) I was able to connect. I also needed to use the signed key, which is actually the signature, which comes up with "not shown" after you Generate one. Seems you need to keep doing that when you need this again, and need to update the credentials if you do regenerate? Not really sure because the "flow" in the docs has no detail for what to do. There are 3 parts to this IMO.
      1) Install MMT Tools. The instructions work well.
      2) configure the connection to a store both in Miva and on your local workstation.
      3) Dev Flow: run commands for usage in the development tasks required.

BTW: turns out the Linux feel of the commands is simple. They are explained much like UNIX MAN pages which means the commands are explained but without examples.

Scott
      Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
      Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
      MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
      Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
      AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
      My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

Working...
      X