BASK updates without needing to update the form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BASK updates without needing to update the form

I have a project wherein a basket the customer will see their bank of stored items/tokens they can choose to use in an order they are placing. BASK is the best place because they see the whole picture. There will either be a popup form or a dropdown with the exact possible selections to choose from.

I think I'll end up using the BasketInfo functions in a system module to keep track of the data selected so I can update the order and the emails when needed.

For the BASK page, I'm looking for a suggestion to allow the item/tokens to be changed without needing to click the UPDATE button. I think this is Ajax, but not quite how to do that on the basket page.
    Also, there may be multiple types of tokens per line item the customer can choose from. If three tokens, 3 different rows of dropdowns. Also, the UX will be cleaner to use a popup per product line item so the basket table displays the results. The latter will likely be used which means the popup/modal triggers the Ajax.

NOTES: store is CSSUI but doesn't use a Readytheme right now. But, maybe I could take advantage of the new basket update API functions at the module level or in SMT?

Thanks,

Scott

Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
    Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
    MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
    Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
    AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
    My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!
Working...
X