Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping module issues

Hi all,

I'm working on my own shipping module, that I started as a modification of the weight-table based module included in the LSK.

The problem I'm running into is that the WTBS module is using API 5.61, which doesn't implement the `ShippingModule_Basket_Methods` function, instead it uses the deprecated `ShippingModule_Shipping_Methods` function. I figured I would modify the included `ShippingModule_Shipping_Methods`, renaming it to `ShippingModule_Basket_Methods` (and I changed the module API version to 5.71).

It compiled fine, but when I ran it on a test store, Miva complained that I hadn't included `ShippingModule_Shipping_Methods`. I figured maybe it just wants that there "just in case" so I added it back. No more errors, but testing has shown that Miva is calling the deprecated function instead of `ShippingModule_Basket_Methods`. So I guess I'm missing something, I just don't know what.

Could there be a completed 5.71+ shipping module somewhere that I can use as a starting point? The LSK doesn't seem to include one.
    Looking for work as of March 2024! I've been a web developer for going on 20 years, with most of that time spent on Miva sites.

If you updated the module once it was already in your Domain (via copy and pasting the .mvc file), you need to edit the module in Domain settings and click Update. This will update the API version stored in the database for your module. If you already did that, what API version is being reported on the modules list screen?
    David Carver
    Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

dcarver that fixed it! I hadn't clicked Update - during all my testing so far I've usually just needed to upload the file. Soon as I clicked update and refreshed the cart, it started working using the new function instead of the old one. Thank you!
      Looking for work as of March 2024! I've been a web developer for going on 20 years, with most of that time spent on Miva sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike521w View Post
        dcarver that fixed it! I hadn't clicked Update - during all my testing so far I've usually just needed to upload the file. Soon as I clicked update and refreshed the cart, it started working using the new function instead of the old one. Thank you!
        yea,. just get in the habit of clicking update so you don't forget...cause you will :)
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X