Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGWben
    replied
    Hey mvasquez, I had got my initial issue working, thanks to Brennan's answer on how to call those customer AvaTax fields.
    how to add a separate line for RDF.
    Are you referencing how to get AvaTax to do its' calculations and apply the appropriate tax value as a line-item for the tax at checkout?

Leave a comment:

• mvasquez
    replied
    MGWben trying to implement the tax code now - did you get it working? I can't quite wrap my head around how to add a separate line for RDF.

Leave a comment:

• MGWben
    replied
    Thank you Brennan - coming in clutch with the knowledge!!

This will help get some feature functionality implemented for the CO Retail Delivery Fee "tax" rolling out next month until Avalara, Miva and others get this change smoothed out in their respective systems.

Leave a comment:

• Brennan
    replied
    Here is an example of how to load all 3 peices of Avatax Customer Data in template code:

Code:
    <mvt:do file="g.module_store_module_tax" name="l.settings:customer:avatax_exemption" value="Module_Customer_Field_Value( l.module, g.customer:id, 'exemption' ) " />
    Exemption Code: &mvte:customer:avatax_exemption;

<mvt:do file="g.module_store_module_tax" name="l.settings:customer:avatax_customer_code" value="Module_Customer_Field_Value( l.module, g.customer:id, 'code' ) " />
    Customer Code: &mvte:customer:avatax_customer_code;

<mvt:do file="g.module_store_module_tax" name="l.settings:customer:avatax_use_code" value="Module_Customer_Field_Value( l.module, g.customer:id, 'usecode' ) " />
    Use Code: &mvte:customer:avatax_use_code;

Leave a comment:

• MGWben
    started a topic Retrieve AvaTax Customer Custom Fields

Retrieve AvaTax Customer Custom Fields

My site has AvaTax implemented and there is a specific function I am writing which needs to check the AvaTax Customer Code when the user is logged in. I am not quite sure how to target this - say on the OSEL page.

I have been informed that this value is exposed as a Customer Custom Field so:
    HTML Code:
    <mvt:do file="g.Module_Root $ '/modules/util/customfld.mvc'" name="l.success" value="Module_Customer_Field_Value( module, customer_id, 'code' ) " />
    I assume that 'module' would be 'avatax' and 'customer_id' is of course the target customer, but not sure what the 'code' needs to be to return a proper value.
    Attached Files
Working...
X