Empressa SSL MvCall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empressa SSL MvCall

There was a similar post in Sept 2021 by Scott but discussions in that post haven't solved our inability to invoke a secure Mvcall on a new Window's machine. The call to License Manager fails.

debug-Fail.png

Maybe worth noting is that the above message results after IIS restart. When we run it again without restart, we get this FAIL message that doesn't have the x509_check_host message.
    debug-failSecond.png

Our system variables look like this:
    systemVariables.png

For the ssl_crypto and ssl_openssl we've tried with both path and no-path (verified dll in windows directory).

Any feedback or thoughts greatly appreciated! We are at a stand still with this road block.

Many Thanks!
    -mike

We don't support OpenSSL 3.x. You need to either point to OpenSSL 1.0 or 1.1 DLLs.
    David Carver
    Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Thanks for the reply David! We are getting the same errors using 1.1 DLLs.
      LicenseManagerFail-Openssl1-1x64.png

SystemVariables=OpenSSL1_1x64.png

Thanks,
      -mike

Comment

I cannot reproduce on my IIS instance. However, I am point to C:\Windows\System32\libeay32.dll and C:\Windows\System32\ssleay32.dll. Where did you get the OpenSSL libraries? I could try and reference those on my machine and see if they work.
        David Carver

Comment

Are you running 32 or 64 empressa? We are running 64 so we changed from the default 32 dlls you point to to downloaded 64 dlls thinking that might be a problem.

Source for the OpenSSL libraries:

Shining Light Productions.

https://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

-mike

Comment

I'm running 32-bit Empresa on my 64-bit VM. I'll try the 64-bit versions of both and report back.
            David Carver

Comment

Hi Mike,

I've reproduced the issue on my VM. This should be fixed in the next version of the engine (5.37) which should be released within the next couple of months. Until then you probably will need to use OpenSSL 1.0.x DLLs.
              David Carver

Comment

Hi David,

Thank you very much for looking into this. The self induced forehead goose-egg can now quit growing! :-)

Appreciate it David!

-mike

Comment

Working...
                X