Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error code meaning please

EOF: Record not found: MER-SCH-DB-00026
    Getting this message when running a JSON API payload. Don't really know why.

Simply doing an inventory update with baskinv. There are roughly 3200 records.

I initially found that the 3rd party source had invalid characters and we cleaned up the special characters. Still getting this message and the task doesn't run. Could it be something other than invalid chars in the product code?

Scott
    Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
    Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
    MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
    Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
    AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
    My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

From Dev:

that's probably a red herring, they'd have to do something like use the debug log to figure out what's going on--some third party module is probably returning an error without indicating an error code
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

What JSON API call are you using? I can take a look at that function and see where this could be failing.
      Tim Harshman
      Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Code:

{
          "Edit_Product": "ABD-4T104",
            "CustomField_Values": {
                "baskinv": {
                    "total_inv": 2
                 }
             }
         }
        Thanks for checking.

This is running on the dev site but fails on the live store.
        I am going to verify that is still the case. And will be checking the JSON API key still has the correct permissions.

Scott
        AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration

Comment

I'm not seeing anything obvious in the code that would indicate an error being thrown, can you post the full response from your API call?
          Tim Harshman

Comment

The call is inside an Async tag. I'll need to write it out to a file.

However, when turning on the error in the scheduled task:
            "EOF: Record not found: MER-SCH-DB-00026"

Scott

Comment

Hey Tim,

That turned out to be a great question for you to ask. I would not have guessed the solution because script was running...then it wasn't.

I added the logging function and got the result of the API call.

I had overlooked the Timestamp. The setting was the default 30 seconds. The scheduled task and the API call take about 5-6 minutes.
              I changed the time setting to cover the estimated time length. The script is running as expected -- so far. :)

Thanks for your curiosity.

Scott

Comment

The scheduled task is still reporting this error regardless of the function running 100%.

Is there a way to end the API call gracefully? The payload is validated and closes all the brackets, etc.

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

Hey Scott,

When you're running these API calls are the values you're expecting to be updated actually getting updated? For example, in your example from above are you successfully seeing
                  baskinv get updated?
                  Tim Harshman

Comment

Yes. The whole product catalog does get updated.

Detail of note: there are product codes that are not found in the Miva catalog for various reasons. These products do get reported in the response file. Here's a sample of that log data I save off:

{
                    "success": 1
                    }
                    {
                    "success": 0,
                    "error_code": "MER-JSN-PRD-00013",
                    "error_message": "Product not found"
                    }
                    It's mostly useless though not knowing what product code wasn't found. The useful part is that a text editor search count of the word "success" reconciles with the number of products in the JSON payload to the API request.

That is clearly different than the EOF message.

{
                    "Edit_Product": "XXX-12345",
                    "CustomField_Values": {
                    "baskinv": {
                    "total_inv": 0
                    }
                    }
                    }
                    ]
                    }
                    This is the final block of the payload. There is no comma and there is a square bracket which ends the "iterations" block as far as I know. Then the closing curly bracket to the payload.

I don't know if these details will help you answer my question.

Scott

Comment

I am wondering if the error is from something in a scheduled task? I have another mod that has a really simple call to a scheduled task and I'm getting a slightly different error. I'll post it, but I am wondering if the scheduled task isn't completing gracefully and spitting out a meaningless error?

This is the error I am getting in the Sched Task Log of my other integration module.
                      EOF: No records found: MER-PGR-DTB-00281
                      On a different store, the same exact version of that module gets a different error message:
                      EOF: No records found: MER-DBP-BKC-00011
                      Scott
                      Last edited by ids; 07-11-23, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X