How to cancel an order via the API without recalculating shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to cancel an order via the API without recalculating shipping

When an order is canceled I send all the order items through the API function "OrderItemList_Cancel" to cancel the order. I believe for every item that Miva cancels, the shipping is automatically recalculated. This will overwrite the original shipping method and charge and will leave a shipping charge on a canceled order.

Is there a way to prevent this or a different way I should be canceling orders via the API? Screenshot (1).png

You can configure shipping recalculation settings for cancelled items within "Marketing -> Settings -> Discount Options"
    David Carver
    Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Curious, is there a lower level call to just "cancel" the order. Judging from this tread (and general Miva syntax) OrderItemList_Cancel just runs through the ordered items and removes them. What if there where non-order item specific fees applied. Do they get removed as well? (For example, you had a module/feature that added a 'expedite' fee that was not associated with a shipping method.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
      X